What I did on Covid-19 Vacation

Vette R & D

57 minutes ago, JohnU said:

And your lot line meant nothing to that root?

Nope, but I am thinking about sending the HOA a bill for the repairs.

On 4/28/2020 at 9:22 AM, Chameleon said:

Took a 950+ mile motorcycle road trip, including the Devil's Highway. . .

IMG_20200425_104030.thumb.jpg.d7c68a258c1930b4651d4b81e7350f1a.jpgIMG_1687.thumb.JPG.57e730ef994f5079408fa105201e5718.JPG

That Devils Highway almost got me when I did it as a one day trip back in 2012, thought I had enough tread for all those corners, i was totally wrong. Fantastic ride!

12 hours ago, Footsam said:

That Devils Highway almost got me when I did it as a one day trip back in 2012, thought I had enough tread for all those corners, i was totally wrong. Fantastic ride!

EEK!  That is one scary looking tire.  Glad it didn't take you down!  

I did a loop from Eagar.  South on US 180 into New Mexico, then hwy 78 back to 191 around to Morenci and up the twisties back to Eagar.  There was loose gravel and greasy tar snakes at the bottom for several miles just north of the Morenci mine, but after that it cleaned up a bit and was a really nice ride. 

Coming home the next day I took the long way back, Show Low, Payson, Strawberry, Camp Verde, Jerome, Yarnell, Wickenburg to hit those twisties as well.  My brain wanted to loop through Bagdad too, but the rest of my body said NOPE!  :smilelol I'm just not 20 anymore, dammit!

Very nice Donna Mae, enjoy and please keep the rubber side down!

• Like 1

Extender32
15 hours ago, Chameleon said:

...and, I bought another toy..

20200504_113052.thumb.jpg.b5bee9d157c4e52877062d9fb966d07d.jpg

How many motorcycles do you need?

15 hours ago, Chameleon said:

...and, I bought another toy..

20200504_113052.thumb.jpg.b5bee9d157c4e52877062d9fb966d07d.jpg

Nice! :ok:

• Like 1

Chameleon
6 hours ago, Extender32 said:

How many motorcycles do you need?

The correct number of motorcycles is N+1.

21 hours ago, Vette R & D said:

It needs some yellow?

Thinking metallic lime green...

I had a new HVAC system installed (attic) (original was born in 1984) which got me motivated to add more insulation on top the ducts and discover one area with no insulation!!!  A infrared thermometer pointed at the ceiling works great to find areas needing attention.   Nice part time hobby..... by noon it's all over for the day!  

How did they remove old/replace new in attic? Was access via attic crawl large enough, or remove part of roof, or ?

Chameleon
16 hours ago, JohnU said:

I had a new HVAC system installed (attic) (original was born in 1984) which got me motivated to add more insulation on top the ducts and discover one area with no insulation!!!  A infrared thermometer pointed at the ceiling works great to find areas needing attention.   Nice part time hobby..... by noon it's all over for the day!  

My hat is off to you for undertaking that insulation project!  I've been meaning to get up in my attic to assess the quality of my insulation since I moved into my current house, and that was three years ago. If you would like to come perform this service at my house, I will provide the ladder and pay you with cinnamon rolls. :smilelol Just let me know...

• Like 1

az57chevy
8 hours ago, Chameleon said:

My hat is off to you for undertaking that insulation project!  I've been meaning to get up in my attic to assess the quality of my insulation since I moved into my current house, and that was three years ago. If you would like to come perform this service at my house, I will provide the ladder and pay you with cinnamon rolls. :smilelol Just let me know...

I would suggest waiting until late July at noon to get the most accurate reading   :) 

• Haha 1

Vette R & D

OK!

This happened today,  as I was driving to work this morning about 5:45 AM  I felt fire in my left leg.   I thought boy that really hurts,  then I felt even more pain and fire in my leg.   I thought I know this pain that is the sting of a Scorpion.  I got to the side of the road and shook  my leg pulled the cuff of my pants up nothing there. Nothing on the ground, nothing in the car.  It must have been a sight an old man jumps out of a Vette and is shaking his leg and dancing around.  Decided I was not going to pull my pants off (but I thought about it).  Went home and as soon as I was out of the Vette off came the pants.  Still nothing but my leg was on fire.  OK so I have been stung before and knew it would hurt for awhile.  I decided to go to work after changing pants and looking though the car.  It is drive your Vette to work Friday so off I went.

About 1 1/2 hours later I was having trouble swallowing, then my lips started to get numb.  I thought gee this is different than the other times.  So I headed back home only to get about half way there, while talking to Debbie as I drove.  I started having other symptoms of a funny taste in my mouth and vision issues.  So I went straight to the emergency room.

They got me in really quickly and I ended up having to be given anti-venom to prevent more reactions.

After about one hour I was good except for my leg which even now is still on fire.  It was determined that I was stung 3 times on my left calf and ankle.

So I knew I should check the car again because there was no way Debbie was going anywhere near the car if there was a Scorpion inside it.  Hmmm    A SCORPION INSIDE A STINGRAY HOW ODD?

With a black light I looked through the car.  I eventually found its tail sticking out from under the carpet behind the drivers seat where the seat track mount is,  I poked at him he was very much alive still.

Thank god for Shop-Vacs,  I feel a lot better having found it.IMG_1084.thumb.JPG.017fa4b585c03c1b0537c6fed29a3f4c.JPG

• Sad 1

Holy crap... glad you're ok and the Stingray is now de-scorpioned. 

One of the worst fears ever! Close quarter venomous attack. Glad you're ok. 

Yikes! I had a black widow hit me once while driving one of the farm trucks back home years ago. Of course the floor boards where rusted and had holes, how the heck that thing got in your car is a head scratcher. I wonder if it hitched a ride previously on your clothes or something you put in the hatch?

Vette R & D

I am fairly sure it got on my shoe that morning while I was moving a hose in the yard,  I almost never go in the yard be for going to work. 

• 3 weeks later...
Vette R & D

So to finish off my garage last weekend I trimmed out the cabinets and this weekend I have been filling them up and sorting through my junk (stuff).  They added a lot of storage we did not have before.

The Technical Stuff:  I built then on a 6" tall metal frame with adjustable powder coated legs to help install on the sloped garage floor.  They are stacked actual two cabinets braking at the top of the black band which are actually drawers.  The right cabs are 133" x 110" the ones in front of the Vette are 119" x 110" and the small uppers are 48" x 47".  All are 3/4 thick white melamine interiors with red laminated doors with white on the back,  All shelves are 1" thick to handle additional weight.  The black is textured with micro-dots and are matte finished to create additional contrast.  Originally I planned on handles but once they were in Debbie really liked the smooth look so no handles at this time.

dmdrummer  you were so right the floor looks even better with the Vette on it.

IMG_1106.thumb.JPG.075d8309f8c20a8d604725e27eedb9d1.JPGIMG_1111.thumb.JPG.e31aeaa0d8bd3878aea116911df0eb77.JPGIMG_1107.thumb.JPG.21115ae52f7d811703f3a1708e304158.JPGIMG_1091.thumb.JPG.8634f2f86cc154f8a556c25177df537c.JPGIMG_1110.thumb.JPG.f2e604269faa079c14c2505bbd9dc23a.JPG

• Like 1