Mid-year running light conversion

Dave64

A friend sent me a wiring harness to convert my front turn signals into daylight running lights while still functioning as turn signals about a year ago.  Well, since I'm stuck in the yard, I've begun doing some fixes to the '64 and this was the second fix, but best one.  It involves connecting the the ignition accessory terminal to the parking light wire of the light switch.  The front parking lights now are on when ever the car is on.  I'm now waiting for switchback (clear as running lights & amber for turn signals) led bulbs, clear lenses and electronic flasher to complete the transition.

I'm also replacing the 30 y/o inner door panels for some new ones, already adjusted the solid lifters, and put her up on stands and cleaned her belly. 

Now, gotta check to see if Total Wine & More will deliver...

Good for you! Look forward to seeing it in person when that's possible. :thumbs

All this stuck at home time is good for projects or getting caught up on things!

Dave - For a lot of years, I had modified the headlight switch so that the parking lights 'stayed' on when the headlights came on and just recently saw that someone figured out a way to do that one better...having the parking lights on any time the ignition was on.  I'm probably going to get to that once I get some other 'stay-at-home' projects done.  Right now I'm buttoning up the 467 in my newly acquired 65 396 Roadster after discovering a flat cam and a lot of other half-done items.  

Donna - you're right, with not a whole lot to do outside the house, now's the time to get caught up on things.

Mike T - Prescott AZ

IMG_3687.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

14 minutes ago, Vet65te said:

Dave - For a lot of years, I had modified the headlight switch so that the parking lights 'stayed' on when the headlights came on and just recently saw that someone figured out a way to do that one better...having the parking lights on any time the ignition was on.  I'm probably going to get to that once I get some other 'stay-at-home' projects done.  Right now I'm buttoning up the 467 in my newly acquired 65 396 Roadster after discovering a flat cam and a lot of other half-done items.  

Donna - you're right, with not a whole lot to do outside the house, now's the time to get caught up on things.

Mike T - Prescott AZ

Mike, I have serious garage envy right now.  Thanks for the eye candy!  :wub

Thanks Donna - I've had the 65 Roadster since late November and am finally getting things wrapped up.  Behind it is the 66 Mosport Green Coupe I got back from the body shop around 9 months ago and am still putting things back together on it.  Next up is to contact a local glass shop to have them come out and install the new windshield and re-install the rear window.   I've got no excuse now to not get these projects moving along.

Mike T - Prescott AZ

On 4/4/2020 at 10:38 AM, Vet65te said:

Mike T - Prescott AZ

IMG_3687.JPG

IMG_3826.JPG

Mike, let me know if you want to know how the wiring goes for the daylight driving light mod.  It's really quick & easy.

Dave

Dave, yes please, I'd like to see how  that harness is made up.  I'm still putting the 65 396 Roadster back together as well as the 66 Mosport Coupe and now have both of them wired to illuminate the parking lights at the same time as the headlights but for all those times when I'm driving around with the headlights closed, it would be nice to have the parking lights on.  I'll send you my home email via PM if that helps.

Thanks,

Mike Tarrant