Grape Ape Walk Around

Grape Ape

I posted this same thing on the big forum also. With this pandemic stuff making people staying inside away from socializing and no car shows for me to attend to get videos, I thought I would just make a quick walk around video of my car. I know it's not the same without other cars there but I've had some friends ask where all the videos were. So I told them I'd come up with something to avoid anymore Grape withdrawls. It's just shy of 10 minutes so watch if you like.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

• Like 1

You may have missed your true calling the Mark…. Great vid and even better auto....I LUV your passion!!!

• Thanks 1

Well, that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. . . and worth every minute.  Really nice video Mark!   You have done a wonderful job under the hood there (and everywhere else, obviously)!

Couple observations:

Why isn't the lettering on the passenger airbag purple

Have you tried backing in to your garage so you can pull forward out into the street?  I ask because my Vette scrapes horribly if I pull in/back out, but if I back in/pull out forward, no scrapping!  :P

• Thanks 1

Tim... your just jealous that they dont sell cyber grey dusters. Ha Ha.  Dont feel bad. They dont sell torch red ones either. Lol

• Haha 1

Well thank you very much for the compliments. I do really like playing with video editing for some reason. Might have to be my retirement hobby. If we all get locked down for another month I'll have to see about something else for you all to waste a few more minutes of your lives. I will try to respond to your comments if I can now.

14 hours ago, P51tj said:

You may have missed your true calling the Mark…. Great vid and even better auto....I LUV your passion!!!

Thanks, Tim. I don't think I could have made enough money to feed the family if this was my job. 😃

12 hours ago, dwdrummer said:

Great job mark. Car looks awesome (as usual) lol

Thank you also, Curt. Appreciate it very much.

12 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Well, that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. . . and worth every minute.  Really nice video Mark!   You have done a wonderful job under the hood there (and everywhere else, obviously)!

Couple observations:

Why isn't the lettering on the passenger airbag purple

Have you tried backing in to your garage so you can pull forward out into the street?  I ask because my Vette scrapes horribly if I pull in/back out, but if I back in/pull out forward, no scrapping!  :P

Thank you too for the kind words, Donna. Under the hood is really never done, is it?

Hint, hint, wink, wink....😉

Purple lettering!!! Is there such a thing? To be honest with ya I've never looked into the purple letters. Just might have to now.

As for the driveway, I usually don't scrape that much but on this particular time I didn't adjust the wheel enough before it was to late. Didn't hurt anything so I'm good with it.

11 hours ago, P51tj said:

Hey even the duster handle is purple... Obsessed much??? hahaha!

Yes, yes I'm just a tad obsessed with the purple thing it seems. Never thought purple would rule my life like it has when I was growing up. Especially coming from red country like I did. That's my own fault for naming this thing what I did I guess.

4 hours ago, 94transamgt said:

Nice, that is some skill and time in this production.

Thanks, Logan. Appreciate that coming from a photography expert like yourself.

Terrific video, Mark - I really enjoyed it and it cured cabin fever for a while!

Donna - I use the BridgIt ramps, they cut my scraping 90% (still need to go slowly, of course). Also makes entry with other cars less jarring. https://www.bridjit.com/ I bought mine from the company (free shipping) but Griots also sells them. It's been out there for a few years now with no deterioration.

• Like 1

Just now, German said:

Terrific video, Mark - I really enjoyed it and it cured cabin fever for a while!

Donna - I use the BridgIt ramps, they cut my scraping 90% (still need to go slowly, of course). Also makes entry with other cars less jarring. https://www.bridjit.com/ I bought mine from the company (free shipping) but Griots also sells them. It's been out there for a few years now with no deterioration.

I concur, It works great with my minivan!   😏

48 minutes ago, German said:

Donna - I use the BridgIt ramps, they cut my scraping 90% (still need to go slowly, of course). 

Unfortunately, I live in a geezer community with many draconian rules. I would never be allowed to put any kind of ramp at the end of my driveway. :banghead

2 hours ago, German said:

Mine is starting to corrode at one end but it has been in the sun for years now