On dear Abby today. LOL (did one of your spouses write it?😂)

aenigma

ABBY just doesn’t get it!! 

Report ad

Man's Corvette Hobby Drives Wife to Distraction

DEAR ABBY: My husband retired four years ago. At first he seemed to enjoy not having to go to work. Then he got bored and needed something to do. For some reason, he bought an old Corvette to restore. I was supportive, until I found out it's an expensive hobby. Finding and buying all the replacement parts costs money.

He has been working on that car for 3 1/2 years now. As soon as he gets it ready to drive, something else breaks. Meanwhile, he has bought four more old Corvettes "to work on." Our backyard looks like a junkyard.

We haven't had a vacation trip since he retired, not even a weekend to the mountains. He argues that we can't afford it, but he spends thousands on those old cars. It has become an obsession for him, and it's "driving" ME crazy. Any suggestions? -- CORVETTE WIDOW IN THE SOUTH

DEAR WIDOW: Healthy couples discuss large purchases before making them. What your husband is doing is destructive to your relationship. It almost seems as though he is using his hobby as a way of avoiding spending time with you. My suggestion is that you and your husband find the money to consult a marriage counselor because what's going on is unfair to you. And if you need a vacation, consider taking one by yourself or with a friend.

Boy! she sure is selfish; she needs to take an interest in his passion and maybe she won't complain so much.

wife GIF

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Boy! she sure is selfish; she needs to take an interest in his passion and maybe she won't complain so much.

wife GIF

that’s exactly what we were saying. It probably would’ve been done a lot quicker if she supported his fun. 
Lonnie: maybe he does it to get away from her. 😂. 

Dear Abby. 
My wife just left me because you told her too. 
Thank You !

29 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

Dear Abby. 
My wife just left me because you told her too. 
Thank You !

😂

Question:  If he was a gigantic Richard Cranium and treated her worse, would she be happy he spent more time with the Vette?