Twosday lunch challenge this Saturday

HOXXOH

Join in a too much fun little oddity lunch to celebrate the most "twos" in a place known best for "ones". (see menu)

We will gather on Saturday 02/22/2020 at 2:02 PM in the parking lot of the CHUCKBOX  202 E. University Rd. in Tempe and prepare to enter the door at precisely 2:22 PM in pairs of 2.

These turn-by-turn directions (not req'd to play along, but add to the fun) which will get you to the restaurant in exactly 2 miles. Start by heading South on Scottsdale Rd at the intersection with the 202 loop for about 2222 feet, to reach Rio Salado Parkway and turn right. Continue driving on the Parkway at 22 mph to reach Mill Ave, then turn left. Follow Mill Av to E. University Rd and plan to turn left. When you complete the turn, the CHUCKBOX will be 2 blocks (or .2 miles if you're keeping track) on the left side of the street.

Park your 2-door, 2-seat car next to another Vette, but be sure to leave some space between, but not too much, to avoid door scratches.

The restaurant, if you dare to call it that, is famous for it's delicious "one" burgers. The challenge is to choose items that result in the final cost the closest to $22.22 for two people. Any double "one" menu item can substitute as a two. Yah, cheating to win by ordering two separate drinks or any other too odd combinations is not only allowed, but encouraged. There is a bonus if you pay your bill using multiples of $2 bills. Paying the magic $22.22 with a $20, a $2, and 22 pennies, would be way too awesome to describe. NOTE: it's a CASH ONLY establishment.

BTW, dress code is two shoes and two other items (one each top and bottom). No onesies allowed.

Other than 02/22/2022 which is really on a Twosday, the next time to see more twos is 202 years from now, but I'll be too dead to plan that lunch.

Post up if you too want to play.

http://thechuckbox.com/Menu.html

Thanks Tom, this level of manic  insanity should be enough for the lawyers to petition for your family to get power of attorney on your estate and lock you up in a home finally.  Don't worry, they've lined up nice place for you, soft bland food, soft walls, and they change your diaper minimum 3 times a week :LolLol:

You win the 2020 award for creativity my friend! Have fun all!

Make sure the pictures have the correct and accurate time stamp (one more challenge) 

This is awesome!!!

I would love to participate,  but I will be at the NHRA Arizona Nationals that day...

NOTE: The Chuckbox has great burgers... :eat:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chameleon said:

This is awesome!!!

I would love to participate,  but I will be at the NHRA Arizona Nationals that day...

NOTE: The Chuckbox has great burgers... :eat:

Bring your umbrella.

02/20/2020 only 4 2's, but posted at 2:22 PM as the Thirstday Twosday update

While sipping my Thirstday morning coffee, I checked the weather report for Saturday's Twosday and found that rain is forecast for Saturday morning and early afternoon. There won't be any sun on fish Fryday either, however it'll be back on Sunday as it's name indicates it should.

Note to Chameleon,  Enigma, & Extender32

NHRA drags won't run on a wet track, so unless you are fearful that the untreated skywater, AKA rain, will damage your Vette, drive something else. Some of the best burgers in AZ will still be served on Twosday this Saturday mid-afternoon. Be there or stay hungry. :lol

On 2/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, HOXXOH said:

02/20/2020 only 4 2's, but posted at 2:22 PM as the Thirstday Twosday update

While sipping my Thirstday morning coffee, I checked the weather report for Saturday's Twosday and found that rain is forecast for Saturday morning and early afternoon. There won't be any sun on fish Fryday either, however it'll be back on Sunday as it's name indicates it should.

Note to Chameleon,  Enigma, & Extender32

NHRA drags won't run on a wet track, so unless you are fearful that the untreated skywater, AKA rain, will damage your Vette, drive something else. Some of the best burgers in AZ will still be served on Twosday this Saturday mid-afternoon. Be there or stay hungry. :lol

Julie and me went to the races on Friday and enjoyed some real nice racing weather.

1 hour ago, Extender32 said:

Julie and me went to the races on Friday and enjoyed some real nice racing weather.

Glad you got to see some racing before the delays this rain will cause.

I raced at a National event many years ago, where there was a 2 day rain delay (actually 2 half day delays) and the second day was waiting for the pits to dry up so cars wouldn't be dripping water or mud etc. onto the the track. I never took the car off the trailer until they permitted racing in the late afternoon. I suspect that same ruling will apply this weekend.

If the rain stops by Noon, which seems somewhat unlikely, you'd still have time to attend the Twosday lunch before racing started again.

BTW, Joyce and I are taking her blue Nissan Rogue today.  It's because I still have the drag radials on the Vette and water on roads and slicks are a big no-no.

2 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Glad you got to see some racing before the delays this rain will cause.

I raced at a National event many years ago, where there was a 2 day rain delay (actually 2 half day delays) and the second day was waiting for the pits to dry up so cars wouldn't be dripping water or mud etc. onto the the track. I never took the car off the trailer until they permitted racing in the late afternoon. I suspect that same ruling will apply this weekend.

If the rain stops by Noon, which seems somewhat unlikely, you'd still have time to attend the Twosday lunch before racing started again.

BTW, Joyce and I are taking her blue Nissan Rogue today.  It's because I still have the drag radials on the Vette and water on roads and slicks are a big no-no.

Can't make it today as we are babysitting Julies Dad and granddaughter.

Thanks to all the people who braved the rain and came to the Twosday lunch at the Chuckbox on Saturday. A special thanks to Robert (Suprone) and his lovely wife who shared the table with us for the laughs and timely conversation. Sorry about the too limited number of parking spaces and too few inside tables. I had no idea that the place was so small, so apologies to those who had to sit on the outside patio.

In keeping with the two theme, we ordered two little one's, the two veggie combo fried mushrooms/fried zucchini, and two soft drinks. The total price was under $20, so I dropped the change plus $2.22 in the tip jar. Yes Donna, the burgers were delicious and how the fry cook handled flipping and plating them was a show in itself with occasional flames up to the ceiling. :cool

Since no one met the twos challenge, the second place ribbon will remain until 02/22/2022, when the Twosday lunch falls on the same day as the Tuesday "geezer" lunch,  i.e. two lunches together, two years from now.

Two certifications for theCMSH attached. :yesnod

Twosday 002.JPG

Twosday 004.JPG

02-22-2020 001.JPG

I made it at exactly 2:22 but in my excitement wasn’t fast enough to take the pic! Almost had to run a couple (that’s 2) red lights but I made it! The “Big One” was awesome! Ordered 2,  Onion Rings were great! Well worth the effort to get there at 2:22! Thanks Tom! From Robert & Carmen (that’s 2).

578C4599-376A-4F01-BC70-74E16C05EFD6.png

We spent the entire day waiting out the rain like donna did. So disappointing. No money back on our tickets because at 4:45 they made sure to make one pass to be able to keep all our ticket money.  And we had given up by then so didn’t even get to see the pass. 
sorry we missed this.