Vacuum Leak Maybe?

Dave64

The other day, I noticed that the '02's idle had become a bit rough.  I can also hear a new sound, only upon acceleration, that sounds sorta like back in the day when you ran with no air cleaner.  You know...that sucking sound?  I can't hear it at idle, nor can I see any vacuum line(s) off anywhere.  Ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

Do you mean the tube from the air cleaner to the throttle body?  I did, but I will look again, closer.

Thanks,

16 hours ago, Dave64 said:

Do you mean the tube from the air cleaner to the throttle body?  I did, but I will look again, closer.

Thanks,

That be the one.

Codes? Do all of your hvac controls work properly? There's a  vacuum connection fitting on the back of the intake manifold, that fitting is known to get brittle and break.  Your hvac controls would be wonky though 

Thanks, guys.  I can't find any vacuum lines broken or disconnected (which means I certainly could miss something).  Checked for codes - none, HVAC is all working as advertised.  Car just picked up a very slight rough idle and I just noticed the sound a week ago. No stumbles or missing going on.

I wonder if you're sucking some air around the base of the intake body, it sure would be odd but considering my recent adventures with bad gaskets and seals failing due to lack of use and age, its possible

Get out the carb cleaner and spray it around the intake base where it mates to the block. RPMs go up, there's yer bogie