All corvette show March 22nd at Sands Chevrolet

Dave

Sands Chevrolet @ Surprise is having an All Corvette  Car Show on 3/22/2020. 

All proceeds will go directly to benefit the Arizona 100 Club,  with 50 trophies, all classes, special trophies for Showroom, Largest Club Participation, Sands Pick, 100 Club Pick, Best of Show & other Special Awards.

Early registration will receive a T-Shirt, Specially made Medallion with Ribbon & a Goodie Bag. The Fire Up Freedom Fire Truck will be at the show providing food and music.  Raffles, 50/50, Vendors.

More information at Cruisin Arizona.com

show_flyer.pdf

Sands_Show_Entry_Form.pdf

Ya beat me to this post. Saw this a few days ago. Think it might be a fun show. I may register for it, but getting there all and back home depends on how far along they are with the interstate out that way. 

Mark, this show is the day after the Cruzin' the Lakes show in Estrella.

You could just come on out to the westside, attend both shows and get a nice hotel room for Saturday night. If you bring Darcy, I'll buy dinner. (I'd offer you a room but my house is too small)...

I-10 coming out here is looking good. They are still working on the 202 loop around to the east side, but on the I-10 part it looks like the lanes are all done and in use. :driving:

So getting back to the east side won't be an issue anymore on weekends? I'll discuss it with Darci and see. Pretty sure she won't want to get up so early 2 days in a row though. Thanks for the info.

I-10 is still a work in progress but by March it should be good to go. I travel it all the time, not by choice of course, and there for awhile they would close down either direction on alternating weekends. Still not fully open but shouldn't be much longer.

The 100 Club is a nonprofit organization that provides financial help to the families of First Responders who are killed or seriously injured in the line of duty.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 10:40 AM, P51tj said:

I-10 is still a work in progress but by March it should be good to go. I travel it all the time, not by choice of course, and there for awhile they would close down either direction on alternating weekends. Still not fully open but shouldn't be much longer.

The 202 is supposed to open the west route around South Mountain by Christmas.  I-10 shoudl clean up shortly there after.

Thanks for the road updates y'all. I'll see about signing up for the all Vette show. Probably won't do both though.

• 1 month later...

I was recently approached by a group working on this show simply because they saw me get out of my Vette in a parking lot.  :lol 

When they found out I am an ACE member, they got very excited.  They REALLY want ACE participation in this show, and specifically requested if the GRAPE APE could put in an appearance. @mrhusker where are you????

So. . .those of you who enjoy shows, please consider participating in this show.  It is a charity event for a good cause, and the new loop 202 is now open, so getting to the west side is no longer a PITA for you east side folks. 

Below is the flyer and entry form for the show:  

show_flyer.pdf

Sands_Show_Entry_Form.pdf

Well, since you put it that way, I will attend so count me in. Glad to hear they have a road opened up just for me, they must have heard me bitching last year....😁

I'll get that registration sent it today when I go to work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on “Corvettes Behind the Badge “ car show. We are about 3 weeks away from our first all Corvette car show at Sands Chevrolet in Surprise. 100% of the proceeded will be going to the 100 Club of Arizona. Enter your corvette in the show or come out and shake hands and thank the men and women who run towards danger while you are running away, or call out to when you need help. We have great raffle prizes that have been donated from a lot of local businesses,  Cards autographed football, Coyotes autographed hockey puck,  Nascar tickets, Billy Boat gift certificates, Kids bikes , If you like golf this is the place and 50/50.   Trophies for every class. Registration forms at Sands Chevrolet web site, 100 Club F/B page, cruisinarizona.com, and arizonaautoscene.com. So get registered and show Arizona that Blue Lives Matter.

As of today we have 131 corvettes pre-registered, not much more room

• 2 weeks later...

So with all the people that are afraid of catching this virus and all the event closings that are going on, is there a chance this will be cancelled also? Just wondering and I'm not afraid to attend if it's not going to be.

Were registered and I haven't heard anything yet about any cancellation.

Maybe it’ll be like they tried to do for NASCAR. 
All cars, no fans. :smilelol

But yeah... we’ll see. 🤞

Just got an email from Dave and this one is going to be rescheduled to a later date also. No date yet though. I'm sure Dave will chime in and let us all know. I told him to keep Grape and I on the list. Looks like the show season is coming to a halt early.

2 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Just got an email from Dave and this one is going to be rescheduled to a later date also. No date yet though. I'm sure Dave will chime in and let us all know. I told him to keep Grape and I on the list. Looks like the show season is coming to a halt early.

I just checked cruisin AZ and their schedule still shows that it's a go.

I just talked to John at Sands and he confirmed the carshow has been postponed to a later date.