az57chevy

Start Drooling ** Barrett-Jackson preview

az57chevy

Saw some beauties out at Barrett-Jackson today.  Public viewing starts on Saturday, auctions start on Monday

MCB15318.thumb.jpg.4b3f41cc74db73543a2f999577b1b03b.jpgMCB15334.thumb.jpg.d3248fd9d612d6107a4d490f07269da3.jpgMCB15443.thumb.jpg.88b1ddb30f6ef77369d55a89ef8a6645.jpgMCB15445.thumb.jpg.e52b4b2f3613c3407da93a6d465d4ab4.jpgMCB15459.thumb.jpg.447fe84514fab44157bb092dc7ae6c36.jpgMCB15514.thumb.jpg.ac5781b423cb4dcc7f05dacd37c76918.jpg

German

That pewter '62 is calling my name!

az57chevy

FYI  This year BJ is only allowing in the small clear bags like the stadiums. So no backpacks or large purses.

JohnU
On 1/8/2020 at 1:06 PM, az57chevy said:

FYI  This year BJ is only allowing in the small clear bags like the stadiums. So no backpacks or large purses.

Yes, I ordered a clear "NFL" bag the exact size B-J specify with strap for $6.00 on Amazon.

Krafty

I got lucky and picked up one of the C1 Corvettes at Barrett Jackson this year. I want to have some body work done on it (specifically on the hood). Are there any recommended high calibre restoration shops in the area anyone can recommend?

JohnU

Pictures please!!!!

Krafty

Okay I'll post the BJ post on the car. Please though, be gentle. I bought one that I think is somewhat "undesireable" because they dropped in an LSA engine into it and CUT THE HOOD to fit it. I'm assuming my only option is to put on a modest scoop but I need expert advice on whether there are air flow issues that have to be factored in.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1962-CHEVROLET-CORVETTE-CUSTOM-CONVERTIBLE-237074

Oh I also am not a huge fan of the instrument panel and will look into whether I can find and have an original set of instruments put back into it (assuming that doesn't devalue it).

Chameleon
10 hours ago, Krafty said:

I got lucky and picked up one of the C1 Corvettes at Barrett Jackson this year. I want to have some body work done on it (specifically on the hood). Are there any recommended high calibre restoration shops in the area anyone can recommend?

Talk to Vintage Iron in Scottsdale.

http://www.vintageironandrestoration.com/

Dave64

:agree Marco, at Vintage Iron is the man to see.  They specialize in virtually all Corvette needs.  Their work is great.  I don't let just anyone work on my car, but they are of the select few.

Dave

Krafty

Thank you very much! I will reach out to him. Thank you for the reference.