94 with stuttering problem

Kameron

Hey everyone. Need some ideas. Every so often my 94 stutters on acceleration. It comes and goes sporadically. Some days it is fine. I thought it might be the fuel filter so I replaced that but still happens. I appreciate any ideas. Thanks

Can you give us any more info? Does it only do it when it has warmed to operating temp?

I hate to always blame the opti, but Azmotorhead could be right.

It happens sometimes when warmed up or if it is still warming up. When it happens it feels like it is misfiring and when I slam on the gas it feels like the motor is going to jump out of the engine compartment.

I would connect a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail and see what the fuel pressure is. It could be your coil, but they usually act up and get worse quickly. The ICM can be problematic as well, but usually when they are hot.

Maybe someone has the equipment to scan it. I gave my cable to the guy that bought my car.   

Well, I did the fuel pressure tests and everything was good. So I guess I will be doing the old water pump optispark replacements. This should be exciting. LOL