new owner of a 2013 427 60th Anniversary Corvette

DavidB

Just wanted to say hi. Partly because I should have some take-off rear tires that have only about 800 miles on them (the drive from Utah where I bought it plus some trips to work). They're PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ ZP, 335/25ZR20. The fronts need to be replaced soon and have decided to just run the Continental tires. 

So, about me and the car. I had been thinking C7 for sure, possibly the Z06 but I've always loved the look of a C6 Z06 far more, this 427 60th especially. When I first saw it in person I was ... words can't describe it. Shocked, moved. I joke that all at the same time I cried with joy, I laughed, screamed and leaped around. Of course I did this all on the inside since I was standing next to a salesman (not where I ended up buying, long story). This is when I knew for sure what car I had to have. And now that I've driven it, all those people's arguments about C7 over C6 mean nothing.

I just love the idea of a 7100 RPM V8 making 505 vs the C7's 460. I love this engine. And at full throttle the sound this car makes it just unbelievable. Just glorious. I still laugh like a maniac for 20 or 30 seconds after a hard pull. WOW! Literally like a race car, but then at cruise those valves close and no drone. Amazing. I could gush on and on but it would take paragraphs. I have NO regret for not getting a C7, period. 

I flew up to Salt Lake City on a moment's notice to buy this car and drove it back. My last 3 cars have been a 2001 Saleen Mustang, then a 1999 BMW Z3 Coupe quickly followed by a 2007 Z4 M Coupe. Anyway, here's a few photos :)

Hello everyone!

vette right front dealership.jpg

vette utah left.jpg

vette utah rear.jpg

Welcome to the gang!  It certainly looks like an awesome ride. You can go wrong with the choice.   What took you so long...….:cheers

• Thanks 1

Awesome Corvette! Welcome to ACE and to Corvettes! Looking forward to seeing you at one of our many get togethers and cruises.

Welcome to ACE. :welcome:

Not only have you shed the stigma of your previous rides, you picked one of the best to replace them. Happy motoring. :burnout

Sorry, anyone that would try to stigmatize another sports car enthusiast for owning a 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe is probably someone I wouldn't get along with well. :)  It reminds me of that stupid white trash ghetto crap I grew up with where people would actually argue over Fords being better than Chevy's or vice-versa. So glad to have left that behind. There's room for Ford Mustangs, Porsche's, BMW's, Camaros, and yes even the most stigmatized car of them all, the Corvette (middle-aged crisis etc). I know you meant that light-heartedly so it's all good. :)

No shame in this bad ass car: 

z4.jpg

Don’t worry about Tom he’s just old and crotchety. 

we always said anybody can cruise with us on any of our runs.

They just have to stay at the back of the pack. 

p.s.  chevys are better than ferds. :bolt:

On 10/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, Desertdawg said:

Don’t worry about Tom he’s just old and crotchety. 

we always said anybody can cruise with us on any of our runs.

They just have to stay at the back of the pack. 

p.s.  chevys are better than ferds. :bolt:

I represent the old and the occasional crotch itchy part, but the doc said no astigmatism or system attic assumpuisms. 

Goofanism: The guy at the back gets the last laugh when the leader gets lost.

W.C. Fields "If it talks, has t_ts, or tires, it'll be trouble." He knew my ex.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you’ve heard this bull before.

OK, I go now. :hide: