This happens when Chameleon wants to buy a vette

aenigma

One photo Lonnie's saying there's not enough tire width.  Another photo he's saying, "yup, big block will fit".  Then in another photo, he saying you can add bigger headers for better sound!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

Well, it’s been 3 hrs....inquiring minds!

Patience...this isn't like deciding to buy a pack of gum...

Hey Chameleon, nice meeting you and Monique and Lonnie today at the Prescott Show.   Got to say, I was impressed how you did on your test drive of my 61 Vette.  Most folks who are familiar with late model Vettes usually struggle driving a 'Dinosaur' like an early Vette but you did very well.  

Mike Tarrant - 'Vet65te'

DSCN5255.JPG

The difficult decision is deciding which of your vettes  to drive each day (assuming you will buy it)...:pensativo:

😋

17 hours ago, Vet65te said:

Hey Chameleon, nice meeting you and Monique and Lonnie today at the Prescott Show.   Got to say, I was impressed how you did on your test drive of my 61 Vette.  Most folks who are familiar with late model Vettes usually struggle driving a 'Dinosaur' like an early Vette but you did very well.  

Mike Tarrant - 'Vet65te'

DSCN5255.JPG

Thanks Mike. I enjoyed meeting you.  I think the test drive was an indication that your Corvette likes me. :wub  . . .

Now standing in my garage with a tape measure scratching my head...  :pensativo:

12 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Now standing in my garage with a tape measure scratching my head...  :pensativo:

I've been there done that, too many times! 

16 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Thanks Mike. I enjoyed meeting you.  I think the test drive was an indication that your Corvette likes me. :wub  . . .

Know what you mean. I just did that back in July when I dumped my Grand Cherokee SRT (Long Story about Chrysler's Service Dept) for a new Caddy Twin Turbo CT6.

My 1st. Vette was a black /red int. 62 with Crager SS.  

My ass still hurts for selling it.  What’s the asking price on this one?

Bikes take up little space vs a car.  Here's 3 cars and 3 cycles in a 3 car garage.  I've sold 2 of those bikes with one to go and I'll still not get a 4th car in.

IMG_4973.JPG

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

Bikes take up little space vs a car.  Here's 3 cars and 3 cycles in a 3 car garage.  I've sold 2 of those bikes with one to go and I'll still not get a 4th car in.

IMG_4973.JPG

thats a fun garage!

I think I should be talking to John U on how to make everything fit. Right now I've got one Corvette and two motorcycles in my two car garage. One of the motorcycles I absolutely refuse to sell, so I have to figure out how to fit two Corvettes and one motorcycle into my two car garage, along with the race ramps, roll around tool box, pressure washer, bike lift, bike wheel stands, etc, etc. ...

5 hours ago, Final Effort said:

My 1st. Vette was a black /red int. 62 with Crager SS.  

My ass still hurts for selling it.  What’s the asking price on this one?

I feel your pain, my first Vette was a candy apple green/black interior  '57.  I still miss it.  Test driving this '61 was a cruise down memory lane. Asking price is $49.5k...

9 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I think I should be talking to John U on how to make everything fit. Right now I've got one Corvette and two motorcycles in my two car garage. One of the motorcycles I absolutely refuse to sell, so I have to figure out how to fit two Corvettes and one motorcycle into my two car garage, along with the race ramps, roll around tool box, pressure washer, bike lift, bike wheel stands, etc, etc. ...

Do you have an attic in the garage?   Light, space hogging items go up there.  There is a motorcycle lift in that picture it's behind the Wing. You see the Kendon folding trailer in the front corner.....  The pressure washer was in the attic....now hidden in the "she-shed" until I'm caught!   The key to saving space is backing one car in so you share the middle space for swinging doors.  You can never enter from the passenger side because you are inches away from "stuff".

This was a very frustrating layout at the end of the season when my 1.5 car storage locker rent ended ($235 mo) and I had not moved the two vettes to a barn for winter rest yet.   I cured it by buying a garage in AZ w/house, and leaving the C7 in your fine state.

IMG_4977.JPG

Thanks for the insight. I may be able to move a few things to the small attic above the garage. I would have to lay some plywood down across the rafters to be able to put things up there.  It could work to have one vehicle nose in and one vehicle backed in, but the motorcycle would need to be crammed in between the two.  Trying to figure out how to make that work...

I see you solved part of your space dilemma by acquiring a second residence. I have been contemplating buying a small summer place up in Prescott, maybe I should do that and the '61 could live up there in cool country!

......I just noticed something about you in this new picture: do you like red vehicles much? :smilelol

In the Arizona garage, John also has a suspended platform that goes up and down on pulleys. Very handy for a lot of smaller things and bicycles. It hangs over the hood area of one car. Maybe he can post a picture of that.

Well Donna, Hmm  If you need I guess You could park the 61 in my garage I've wanted to put a 58 in there for awhile but I could see the 61 in there.  Of course you would need to leave the keys with me.  😀 

6 hours ago, Chameleon said:

......I just noticed something about you in this new picture: do you like red vehicles much? :smilelol

Louise's favorite color is red.  So it's an automatic yes when a red "toy" follows me home.

The 4X8 "lift" is by ....   https://auxx-lift.com/

gar rack.JPG

gar rackd.JPG

"Now standing in my garage with a tape measure scratching my head"

You need to pull the little end out and you'll see lots of numbers that indicate feet and inches. Measure the floor space and make a drawing where 1" = 1'. Cut out little scale size cars, motorcycles, and other things you need to store away. The '61 is 70" x 177" and your C6 is 73" x 175". Move the scale size stuff around on the drawing until it fits.

The simpler approach is a medium size storage shed for everything except the two cars and the tool box. For $600-900 for a 6x8 or 8x10, you can leave the head scratching behind.

20 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

You need to pull the little end out and you'll see lots of numbers that indicate feet and inches. Measure the floor space and make a drawing where 1" = 1'. Cut out little scale size cars, motorcycles, and other things you need to store away. The '61 is 70" x 177" and your C6 is 73" x 175". Move the scale size stuff around on the drawing until it fits.

The simpler approach is a medium size storage shed for everything except the two cars and the tool box. For $600-900 for a 6x8 or 8x10, you can leave the head scratching behind.

I like the idea of creating scale size models, that could help with stuff to stay in the garage. Unfortunately, storage sheds are forbidden in my neighborhood. :atwitsend:

I like John's overhead storage idea, that has possibilities.

Nice C3 Randy, I bet you still wish you had that car!