Cruzin The Lake 3.21.20

HarleyPat

11 hours ago, mrhusker said:

I'm doing the all Corvette show on the Sunday after this one but haven't registered for this one. Don't think I can do both so I'm going to pass on this one this year. Sorry...

:fail::neener_neener:

1 hour ago, mrhusker said:

👊😆

:LolLol:  Wish you could join us.

10 minutes ago, Dave64 said:

👍

Are there plans to meet anywhere to cruise in?

On 2/16/2020 at 10:26 AM, HarleyPat said:

Let’s plan on meeting at 7 am in the Safeway parking lot across the street from the event and rolling in at 7:15. 😎. Looking forward to another great show!

• 2 weeks later...

Has this not cancelled (yet)? 

luke days just cancelled so we may come to this but every single thing I’ve had tickets for so far has cancelled. 

Gotta feeling even if this doesn’t cancel its gonna be a mud pit as rain is back in the forecast for next week.....ugh.

I think taxes and bills should be cancelled as well. 
Also people stop buying TP. 
37712E3E-D056-4013-8286-F3A4B8897B59.thumb.png.2eaaf48aad220976dac21e680e67fa15.png

I'm guessing it will be canceled.  Although, since it is outdoors, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll still be on. My community just shut down the entire neighborhood. All the facilities are closed.  I can't swim, I can't exercise, I can't do anything.  All because of an illness with symptoms that aren't even as bad as the flu that comes around every year. 

CDC currently reports there are 2240 active infections in the United States of those 10 are serious. The other 2230 are considered in mild condition.

I believe they’re shutting down Everything in the us pretty much for the next 2 weeks to stop the spread and create herd immunity. I was frustrated at first but get it now. We’re going to work since I have a 4 person office. I am ok with the shut down of large gatherings as long as there is a goal and an end date. The insurance companies I use are all working from home. It’s funny to call them. I get “I could get to a supervisor normally and give you an answer but I’m at home”. LOL 

There are 984,000 hospital beds in the us so if this spreads, there will be no room. Small doses as long as they can spread out the timeline of people getting sick. 

Will contact the show and let you all know what they have decided to do.😷

32 minutes ago, aenigma said:

I believe they’re shutting down Everything in the us pretty much for the next 2 weeks to stop the spread and create herd immunity. 

30 minutes ago, aenigma said:

There are 984,000 hospital beds in the us so if this spreads, there will be no room. Small doses as long as they can spread out the timeline of people getting sick. 

Herd immunity happens only after most of us have had it and recovered, or they create a vaccine and most everyone gets immunized.

Except in "at risk" populations (the very old, the very young and those with chronic health conditions) this illness is generally mild.  Right now 100% of identified cases in the US are "mild" according to the CDC.  Most people who catch it likely won't end up in a hospital.  This is the same profile as the regular flu that comes around every year.  If you're not "at risk," you catch it, you're miserable for a few days, you get over it, life goes on.  The difference is that because this is a new virus, more people are likely to catch it.

I am retired from public health, and familiar with disease intervention and response.  All the closures and cancellation steps taken right now for COVID-19 are way beyond what is recommended by the CDC. 

Here's what the CDC says about closures:

"Data indicate that early, short to medium closures do not impact the epi curve of COVID-19 or available health care measures (e.g., hospitalizations). There may be some impact of closures (8 weeks, 20 weeks) further into community spread, but that modelling also shows that other mitigation efforts (e.g., handwashing, home isolation) have more impact on both spread of disease and health care measures. In other countries, those places who closed school (e.g., Hong Kong) have not had more success in reducing spread than those that did not (e.g., Singapore)."

In other words, wash your hands, stay home if you feel ill.  Common sense. 

Closures are supposed to happen in response to substantial community spread, which the CDC defines as: "large scale community transmission, health care staffing significantly impacted, multiple cases within communal settings."

WE DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT NOW. 

The news made us think it’s wide spread and we’re all going to die. Then when the public panicked, they started writing that it’s not so bad. 
the news created all of this hysteria. They’re so ridiculous. 

I was so excited about the big band dance tonight at the falcon field airport. Cancelled. 
if this is cancelled next week, what do you think about having a cruise to a real lake and bring our own food?  I’m dying to get out and everything that I had tickets or plans for is cancelled, I’d like to do something. 

I just have 1 question and I'll leave you all to mull it over.

Does ANYONE even know someone that actually has this so called virus? HMMMM? HMMMMMM? 🤔  :what:

There are less than 2,500 known cases in the entire US at this moment.  It is unlikely that any of us know anyone who is affected. 

I have an academic interest and have been following COVID-19 since the beginning.  I rely on WHO, CDC and ADHS for information.  The media is worthless. 

I don't watch any main stream media anymore.  I deactivated my facebook account 3 weeks ago, and as far as I can tell, no one even noticed.  :smilelol

I don't watch any news either. If something is bad enough my wife or someone will let me know about it. I'm not saying I don't believe it's not out there but I just wanted to throw some conspiracy theory crap into the mix as a joke, can't be to serious these days. You did a good thing deleting your facebook. Good for you.

9 minutes ago, mrhusker said:

I don't watch any news either. If something is bad enough my wife or someone will let me know about it. I'm not saying I don't believe it's not out there but I just wanted to throw some conspiracy theory crap into the mix as a joke, can't be to serious these days. You did a good thing deleting your facebook. Good for you.

I absolutely love not having it. It’s fun to talk to real people. 

Until they start testing know one knows for sure how many are carries, sick or have nothing wrong with them. We have been through a lot of different viruses, flu, and cold seasons, but I never remember the gooberment shutting the country down over them.

We have plans to drive out to the beach north of SD for a few days and if the beach house wasn’t already paid for I guess we would be staying home.

Was at the airport last night picking our son up and it was mobbed, you would never know anything is going on.....

20 minutes ago, SixAddict said:

Until they start testing know one knows for sure how many are carries, sick or have nothing wrong with them. We have been through a lot of different viruses, flu, and cold seasons, but I never remember the gooberment shutting the country down over them.

We have plans to drive out to the beach north of SD for a few days and if the beach house wasn’t already paid for I guess we would be staying home.

Was at the airport last night picking our son up and it was mobbed, you would never know anything is going on.....

Besides the big run on toilet paper I see in the news, and the bare shelves I’ve seen at the store, I don’t see any change anywhere in Mesa. 
Our trip to Hawaii in April got cancelled, not by us. So we’re going to drive to New Mexico and visit lonnies relatives. 
Hopefully everyone loves their spouses, because they’re going to spend a lot of time together. 

Donna, if I hadn’t cancelled my Facebook, I’d have noticed yours right away. 💗😃

1 hour ago, mrhusker said:

I just have 1 question and I'll leave you all to mull it over.

Does ANYONE even know someone that actually has this so called virus? HMMMM? HMMMMMM? 🤔  :what:

lonnie was running a fever out of the blue last couple of days, I was so sick for one day I thought life was over lol. We’re all better now but we haven’t been around anybody who is sick. It came out of left field. 
I’ll bet it’s more spread than we know but nobody’s being tested plus it’s supposed to be mild. So who cares other than we do need to protect the elderly since they’re getting the brunt of it. 

Check my first post for an update.. this event has been rescheduled!

Thanks Pat.

Is it time to panic now, with all these car shows cancelled....:willy

Mecum is still running?..