How did you come up with your forum name?

BSeery

To help further introduce each of us to the rest of them ( :crazy: ) I thought maybe we could post what our forum name is all about.

Mine, was a mistake that goes back to the Corvette Forum. They asked for a "user" name and I put in BSeery (for Bryan Seery). I didn't know it would be my "forum" name, or I would have come up with something a hell of a lot more clever. Well, as time went by people on the forum actually new to ask for me by BSeery when they had questions about the 1980 Corvette or the ZZ4 engine. So, I never did change it.

I am now BSeery on every forum I am on.

So, how did you get your forum name, and what special meaning does it have?

3,503 lbs of trouble

"3,503 lbs of trouble" is not a personal reference. I'm not that fat...yet. :D

It's no secret that my Corvette has had a few VERY memorable break downs during A.C.E. events. Hey, it's a 26 year old product of '70 era GM. What the heck do you expect?? :lol: So my forum name is a reference to that. According to my Corvette Black Book the curb weight for a stock 1979 Corvette is 3,503 lbs. So, the car has been "3,503 lbs of trouble". Oddly, with a half tank of gas and me standing outside, my car actually weighs 3,300 lbs on the nose because it's been modified. Assuming my car's actual weight would probably not remain the same, I decided to use GM's original stock weight. Sounds like I put a lot of thought into my forum name, but it actually just popped into my head.

Considering I now own a DeLorean and I'm selling the Vette, "3,503 lbs of trouble" no longer seems appropriate, plus it's probably not the best forum name for someone who's got that Vette up for sale on this forum! :rolf Oh well, I think anyone taking the plunge on an old car of that nature sorta knows what to expect. It was ONLY two break downs, and I broke it the second time by racing it. Two times in two years is not that bad. It's never left me stuck otherwise... :bang (knock on wood!)

So eventually I'll be requesting a forum name change. The problem is I'm giving it too much though, and that does not work. I just have to wait until another good one "pops" in my head again.

Guest waymirec

Went to register at CF and was just feeling entirely too lazy to come up with a meaningful name so went with the "easy to remember" choice of lastname first initial. When I went to register here it just made sense to use the same name. I've always been bad at remembering usernames and passwords at all of the webpages i've registered with, and often spend a good 5-10mins trying to remember which combination I used for what site.

3,503 lbs of trouble

I might as well explain my CF user name, "Corvette_fetish", as well since it appears to be a little odd. That comes from WAY back before I owned my Vette. Two years ago before the '79 was in my life I was intending to buy a DeLorean. Still, because of my experience with Vettes out at GM's Desert Proving Ground, I had a "thing" for Corvettes too. One night I was IMing w/ some random chick on Yahoo, and we were discussing my sports car buying intentions. I told her I was planning to buy my dream car, a DeLorean, but I'm torn because I have a "Corvette fetish", meaning I have a serious "thing" for Vettes too. So choosing between my dream car, and the then recently discovered passion was not easy. I came across the '79, a year from a generation I had little interest in, and the damn car was so attractive it charmed me into buying it. Just before I bought the '79 I had heard about the CF. I wanted to join to ask some questions about C3s, so I needed a user name to join. Since I was being tempted to buy the '79 because of my "Corvette Fetish", I choose that as my ID. Corvettes "turn me on", and I "get off" on driving them, so to speak, so why not "Corvette_fetish"? And here you all thought I was just a pervert. :toetap

On the Corvette Forum I first tried "Fast Eddie" which alot of my cop friends referred to me as. That was taken so Eddie44 was it. That's been my email address since back when I first signed up on AOL. I tried Eddie and it was taken, so I went Eddie1, Eddie2, etc. The first one that wasn't taken was Eddie44. Pretty boring but that's "the rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say.

3,503 lbs of trouble
On the Corvette Forum I first tried "Fast Eddie" which alot of my cop friends referred to me as. That was taken so Eddie44 was it.

I don't think "Fast Eddie" has been taken on this forum yet. I think it suits you! Ever consider a change???

I'd probably have to bribe the Admin. Better yet I could bribe the Moderator. I know what they pay him & I'll bet he'd jump at a bribe. :lol: :lol:

I don't think "Fast Eddie" has been taken on this forum yet. I think it suits you! Ever consider a change???

I'd probably have to bribe the Admin. Better yet I could bribe the Moderator. I know what they pay him & I'll bet he'd jump at a bribe. :lol: :lol:

Dammit Bryan, you didn't need to tell them I have no power here... :cuss

Plus I still can't figure out how I get in the thick of things without even replying once to a thread like this... :crazy:

Now as to the forum name... Well!!! DUH !!! (it's self explanatory)

Oh and Eddie, if you really want a name change, I can always start calling you Glenn too...But I think it's going to get confusing around here if this keeps up...

Oh and Eddie, if you really want a name change, I can always start calling you Glenn too...But I think it's going to get confusing around here if this keeps up...

:rolf:rolf:rolf

:devil

I use to use "Zuni's99SubZero" as my form name until this year I recently changed to "1EvilC5". So I will give you two stories.

1. 1EvilC5 - The 2003 Black Vette I just purchase originally had the plate of Evil C5, and after I drove it I agreed that this vette was truely EVIL. I even was thinking to use WICKED in the name, but everything I wanted was already taken in Vanity Plates. So I went with "1EvilC5".

2. Zuni's99SubZero - My last name is Zuniga and while playing on the High School football team, I was given the nick name of "Loony :crazy: Zuni", Go figure. As for 99, it was for the 1999 Artic White Vette. SubZero, was for the " :cool VERY COOL :cool " Vette.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Phil... :devil

Keith and Kelly Ayotte = knkayotte

Not orginal I know, but 1 of a kind I'd say. Not a common last name.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, C5dreammachn98 comes about because the C5 is my dream car. The 98 was for the year. I originally used the C5dreammachn98 as my name for my email accounts, but it stuck. Although on CF I am XLR8TN to match my license plate. (which will hopefully be changing soon.) I know, not very original, but true to my heart and my feelings everytime I see my car or drive it.

Why are you changing your plate??

I like that one -- can I get it from you?

What for the Toyota? :smilelol: :smilelol:

BWAHAHAHAhahAhAhahAhahaahHAhha!!

That was a good one Eddie... :smilelol: :smilelol: :smilelol:

3,503 lbs of trouble

What? You don't want "C3VETTE"? Actually it's going on the T-bird. :rolf