Not very impressed with Classic Gold

Corvette Ed

I will start this by saying Classic Gold did me a solid by repairing my rear quarter panel and bumper without having to pay an additional deductible, and I did get my car fixed with a set of headers to boot without having to pay any out of pocket other than some additional rental car days, but their workmanship leaves a little to be desired. I opted not to repair a few things underneath the car to cover the cost of the additional work they did so they definitely got their money's worth from my insurance company, but I've had to go back to the shop twice now, and am looking at having to do it again.

They don't call back when they say they will, and they don't e-mail when they say they will. I was told on Tuesday of last week that I would receive a call to set up a time for me to bring my car back so they can fix the fish eyes left in my paint on the rear quarter panel (which should never have been there to begin with), and was told when I first picked the car up that I would receive an e-mail with the contact info for their air brush artist regarding some work I wanted to do on the underside of my hood.

The first time I cleaned my car after picking it up from them I found overspray on my rear bumper, the fish eyes in the quarter panel, some type of residue on my rear deck lid and quarter panel, and all three of the screws that hold the gas filler tube in place were missing. Part of the agreement was that they would also buff the entire car out to remove all of the swirls and scratches, and while they did get rid of the buffer marks the dealer in Texas left all over my paint the swirls and scratches are all still there, which I am going to have to spend quite a few hours removing myself.

Today I cleaned my car again, and found that one of the screws that holds my left backup light in place was missing too. This is after they had my car for more than a month.

I took my car to them based on the recommendations of several ACE members, but am thinking I might want to find another shop to use in the future.

I would not begin to dispute what you’ve posted reference your satisfaction. 

I would only say I am highly surprised. In the last 15 yrs I have had my Wife’s MB in their shop twice, along with two different corvettes (1 twice for different accidents) and my Sons GMC crew cab. They have always gone above and beyond. The difference may be I never cut corners on parts of the repairs to get other accessories added and I never asked them to repair what another shop had screwed up.

I do know that because of the excellent work they do they’re extremely busy which may account for your failure to get prompt responses. If I don’t get a response in reasonable time I pu the phone and call. They’ve always answered my calls. If Mike or Joe are busy Gerry in the front office gets an answer and calls me back.  

Sorry for apparently steering you wrong. Hopefully whoever you go to next will provide a better experience than the Texas dealer and Classic Gold. 

This is very unusual Ed. I haven't had as much work as Eddie44 has had done, but whenever the work was complete I would get the "give us a call if you have any issues" from either Mike and Joe or Jerry.

I think once you get a hold of them, they will make things right.