Impromptu Meet-Up

Corvette Ed

Due to my new job's need for me to work Saturday's for the foreseeable future I am working full time 6 days a week, but I will be free for the next 3 Sundays and would like to meet up with any ACE members who would like to participate in an impromptu meet-up. I'm new to Arizona as some of you know, and now that my car is finally fixed after more than $13k in damage I'd love to get out to show it off and meet some of my fellow Arizona Vette lovers. If anyone has any suggestions for a spot to meet up for either lunch or breakfast I'd be welcome to suggestions. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

30 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Hi Ed,

In October, Phil's in Fountain Hills buzzes mid-day every Sunday.   Us “snowbirds” will be back in force in November.  

http://www.philsfillingstationgrill.com/cruisin.html

Unfortunately I only have the next 3 Sundays free. I normally spend Sunday with my best friend and her kids because this is the only day our mutual calendars match. We've been friends for 38 years, and do what we can to make sure we keep that friendship going as long as we're both still breathing.

12 minutes ago, Corvette Ed said:

Unfortunately I only have the next 3 Sundays free. I normally spend Sunday with my best friend and her kids because this is the only day our mutual calendars match. We've been friends for 38 years, and do what we can to make sure we keep that friendship going as long as we're both still breathing.

Nobody says they’re not invited to see the great scenery too.  When guests are visiting, I load up the minivan, visit Phil’s and watch the fountain shoot water and learn some local history.  The fountain was built by a Mr. McCulloch (chainsaws) who also brought London Bridge to Lake Havasu.  His wife’s maiden name was Briggs as in Briggs & Stratton motors. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_Hills,_Arizona#The_Fountain

1 minute ago, JohnU said:

Nobody says they’re not invited to see the great scenery too.  When guests are visiting, I load up the minivan, visit Phil’s and watch the fountain shoot water and learn some local history.  The fountain was built by a Mr. McCulloch (chainsaws) who also brought London Bridge to Lake Havasu.  His wife’s maiden name was Briggs as in Briggs & Stratton motors. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_Hills,_Arizona#The_Fountain

I'm open for a location for ACE members to meet so I can finally meet ya'll (excuse my Texan) finally. I've been looking forward to moving to Arizona for quite a few years now. I don't know anything about the area so I'm counting on all of you to help me out here.

Sundays have always been rough for meeting up. Your best bet is to plan a lunch,

bring your friend and even the kids,(so your not lonely Incase no one else shows up)

hopefully there’s a couple of ACEholes that can make it. 

Maybe your Saturdays will open up more this winter when more events are planned. 

1 hour ago, Extender32 said:

I'd be open to a burger run to the Brown Bag in Prescott Next Sunday.

I'm up for that as long as I don't have to get up too early!!!  :ACE:

Thread pinned. . .

27 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

Thread pinned. . .

27 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

Thread pinned. . .

Brown Bag does not open until 11 AM so Jump off time would be @ 9AM so you should have plenty of time for your beauty rest. LOL

4 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Brown Bag does not open until 11 AM so Jump off time would be @ 9AM so you should have plenty of time for your beauty rest. LOL

Good.  I'm getting old and I need all the beauty rest I can get!  LOL!

7 hours ago, Extender32 said:

If you decide to do this, please make a new thread for peeps to see and I will pin it...

12 hours ago, Chameleon said:

If you decide to do this, please make a new thread for peeps to see and I will pin it...

Will do, just waiting for Corvette Ed to respond.

22 hours ago, Extender32 said:

I'd be up for this. Would be a nice little cruise, and I'm guessing the burgers must be amazing to go that far for one lol.

1 hour ago, Corvette Ed said:

I'd be up for this. Would be a nice little cruise, and I'm guessing the burgers must be amazing to go that far for one lol.

The burgers ARE amazing, cooked to order, you pick your toppings, and ranging in size from small to enormous. . .

11 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

The burgers ARE amazing, cooked to order, you pick your toppings, and ranging in size from small to enormous. . .

Sounds great. I'll make a new thread, but I don't know where a good meetup place would be. Any suggestions?

15 minutes ago, Corvette Ed said:

Sounds great. I'll make a new thread, but I don't know where a good meetup place would be. Any suggestions?

Extender32 will make the new thread, since he suggested the cruise.  He (Greg) was just waiting for you to say you wanted to attend. :ACE:

NateFamilyofFun

You know I'm always open for a drive, especially after this past Saturday, I'm just itching for more!

You know if you look at Corvette Ed's profile he lives all the way out east in Apache Junction.  I think since you guys bum-rushed his idea for a get together and are making him drive to Prescott all the way from New Mexico, I think you better at least buy him the burger!  :lol

Hey Ed, since you are out east, the group usually does a MLK day drive out to Tortilla Flat.  At least you'll get a little payback then since its a bit more in your backyard  :thumbs

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Extender32 will make the new thread, since he suggested the cruise.  He (Greg) was just waiting for you to say you wanted to attend. :ACE:

No problem. I'll get the decal from you this weekend then. Looking forward to it. My new headers sound amazing.

Ed, thanks for mentioning the decal you want.  I will make sure to bring a silver one for you.

Look forward to meeting you Sunday, and hearing your amazing headers! :partydance: