Thoughts on the sales training manual for the c8

aenigma

The middle and right seats look like someone’s holding up their head. You’re welcome for seeing this in the seat forever now. 

I really hope the sales people don’t try to figure out how to best sell the Vette to their chosen markets. That page is just too funny. 

“Large trunk is big enough for 2 golf bags”. Really?? I’m sure there are some people who like golf and vettes but seriously, to put that on a statement to use for the trunk size. LOL 

17925CED-AA91-4C61-91F4-479243ED1902.jpeg

F43F2CD4-6352-4159-A35A-94DC80663B1D.jpeg

207A55DC-DCC7-4DE5-8AB7-61F090A33965.jpeg

Golf club gauge  been a selling point since the C4. Its more to illustrate that there is practical storage capacity but its also a middle finger at other sports cars. You can drive your Corvette to the golf course, you can't drive your Porsche, no room to carry them. I've enjoyed applying this nut flick to my Porsche owning, golfing friends for many years. I pull up in the Vette, they pull up in their wife's car, and the smack talk begins.  :lol

Yep, what Jim said about the golf clubs. 

And the seats aren’t near as bad as the C6 pillsberrydoughboy steering wheel. 

C59D1893-DF4E-425A-B415-A0ED44E45733.jpeg.35187414bd6498dfad000bdea17d5d2e.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

Yep, what Jim said about the golf clubs. 

And the seats aren’t near as bad as the C6 pillsberrydoughboy steering wheel. 

C59D1893-DF4E-425A-B415-A0ED44E45733.jpeg.35187414bd6498dfad000bdea17d5d2e.jpeg

I just laughed out loud. Now I’ll forever see that. 

Most of the focus of this training material is about status and prestige.  Gag.

Corvette headed that way with the C7, now they've completed the trip with the C8.

There has been a definite shift in the Corvette owner demographic since the introduction of the C7.  More owners for the status-symbol, fewer owners who are genuine auto enthusiasts.  I get fewer "Corvette waves" or car culture friendliness from C7 owners than any other generation I encounter.

Now there will be more of that same demographic shift with the C8.  I haz a sad. :(

6 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Corvette headed that way with the C7, now they've completed the trip with the C8.

There has been a definite shift in the Corvette owner demographic since the introduction of the C7.  More owners for the status-symbol, fewer owners who are genuine auto enthusiasts.  I get fewer "Corvette waves" or car culture friendliness from C7 owners than any other generation I encounter.

Now there will be more of that same demographic shift with the C8.  I haz a sad. :(

I’m with ya lady!  C8 is no longer a Corvette, it’s GM’s attempt at capturing the European market.  

13 hours ago, Eddie44 said:

I’m with ya lady!  C8 is no longer a Corvette, it’s GM’s attempt at capturing the European market.  

There is absolutely no way that’s going to happen. If you’ve ever had the experience of owning an import and having the pleasure of getting it repaired, the service dept rolls out the red carpet. 

Youre lucky if you know your Chevy guy good enough, he might push you in the front of the line for the only loaner car for the day.  Vette lovers tend to be so loyal that they’ll put up with crap like this. 

Chevy needs to handle one market right before trying to appeal to another. The other markets are not loyal and will flip in a second. 

This will be a crushing loss to Chevy. 

On 8/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, Chameleon said:

Yeah, I have noticed the lack of return waves on the street by C7 drivers.  They look at you, then look back at the street - F@&K 'em.  I agree with many that those types are driving the car just to get acknowledgement that they own a Corvette.  Well, I've owned and driven Corvettes for nearly 35 years, but I still wave at every other Corvette I see on the street, whether they be a C7 or a C4 - they're all still Corvettes.

Save the Wave

I wear my arm out waving! I think the return wave is dependent on whether they even saw you and then as to the nature of the person. Haven't noticed a difference by car generation. I see more C7s than others as they're the most common on the road in my area.