WEEKLY Tuesday Geezer Lunch at Coco's

Eddie44

16 hours ago, JohnU said:

Get well.  I had that a few weeks ago. a week of pill popping and nasal rinses (daily anyway with asthma) and I was out washing cars with new found vigor!

Thanks John. I think I'm on the mend. My fever broke yesterday and I feel a little better today.  :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

The Tuesday "geezer" lunch is officially postponed until the restrictions on inside seated dining is lifted. An announcement will be made when the lunch will resume. In the meantime, stay safe and follow the guidelines set by the Arizona Health Dept and the Governor's Office.

Personally, I plan to do stuff at home that I was saving up for until I get old. It was a procrastination solution that was intended to relieve future boredom. 

Good plan!

I am presently getting caught up on all of the things around the house that got behind last year when I was temporarily working.  :P

18 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Good plan!

I am presently getting caught up on all of the things around the house that got behind last year when I was temporarily working.  :P

You didn't plan well there Rookie. I've been saving up stuff to do until I get old, for at least 60 years.:thups:

It was a shock to my everyday procrastination routine, when this virus concern has shut down my standard reasons to avoid responsibilities. 

I have to go now. There are still some games I haven't played yet. :jim:

• 1 month later...

The Tuesday geezer lunches will resume on May 19th at Coco's. While they were semi-closed, they took the opportunity to make a few upgrades and prepare for how they will operate during the new requirements currently in place. One change that might affect our group, is limiting the group size to 6 people. So if more than 6 show up, we'll have to split into 2 groups with 6' between tables. Since we usually have multiple concurrent conversations going on, that doesn't seem to be a problem. They don't have a restriction on how loud we might need to talk.  Yet.

Be aware and be prepared, since the other major change is a requirement to wear a face mask from the time you enter the door, until food is served. Somehow I suspect that goes away once drinks hit the table. To skirt the restriction, plan to save at least one bite of food on your plate and a fork in your hand until just before you get up to leave. I assume masks are going to be required anytime you leave the table and that your old 1960 Lone Ranger mask won't qualify without a white hat and pearl handle revolvers.   Kemosaby

Extender32
12 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

The Tuesday geezer lunches will resume on May 19th at Coco's. While they were semi-closed, they took the opportunity to make a few upgrades and prepare for how they will operate during the new requirements currently in place. One change that might affect our group, is limiting the group size to 6 people. So if more than 6 show up, we'll have to split into 2 groups with 6' between tables. Since we usually have multiple concurrent conversations going on, that doesn't seem to be a problem. They don't have a restriction on how loud we might need to talk.  Yet.

Be aware and be prepared, since the other major change is a requirement to wear a face mask from the time you enter the door, until food is served. Somehow I suspect that goes away once drinks hit the table. To skirt the restriction, plan to save at least one bite of food on your plate and a fork in your hand until just before you get up to leave. I assume masks are going to be required anytime you leave the table and that your old 1960 Lone Ranger mask won't qualify without a white hat and pearl handle revolvers.   Kemosaby

Julie and me have dined out twice last week and the wait staff were wearing face masks but not the customers.

8 hours ago, SixAddict said:

B166A30C-971F-49FA-AC54-7E8887265871.thumb.png.bc65e18bece5983565b91ea008cffdcc.png

Just show them this form......

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/able-bodied-ada-mask-loophole/  :) :)

I have seen some funny things with masks lately. Couple days ago in my neighborhood I saw a guy out briskly riding his 10 speed in full bicycle racing gear, wearing a surgical mask. Then yesterday at the store, I saw a guy wearing a tan leather mask that resembled something the character "Bane" from the Batman movies might wear. 

I can see masks becoming fashion statements in the general population, as they already have been for years among the motorcycle community.

biker_face_mask.thumb.jpg.a77565622db9f1fba1d26d43ea459d26.jpg

Update for lunch at Coco's. Although they allow customers to wear masks, they don't require them. Apparently, they changed their policy between Saturday night and Tuesday Noon. They even changed the sign on the front door sometime during the two hours we were there.

It seems businesses that have been closed for a couple months are now instantly changing how they do things in response to how the customers react.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, Chameleon said:

I have seen some funny things with masks lately. Couple days ago in my neighborhood I saw a guy out briskly riding his 10 speed in full bicycle racing gear, wearing a surgical mask. Then yesterday at the store, I saw a guy wearing a tan leather mask that resembled something the character "Bane" from the Batman movies might wear. 

I can see masks becoming fashion statements in the general population, as they already have been for years among the motorcycle community.

biker_face_mask.thumb.jpg.a77565622db9f1fba1d26d43ea459d26.jpg

ok that looks cool. Based on my love of skulls, I could see myself in one of those. 

22 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

Update for lunch at Coco's. Although they allow customers to wear masks, they don't require them. Apparently, they changed their policy between Saturday night and Tuesday Noon. They even changed the sign on the front door sometime during the two hours we were there.

It seems businesses that have been closed for a couple months are now instantly changing how they do things in response to how the customers react.

hoxxoh are you getting out and about yet? We miss you guys. I haven’t wanted to bug you because I know the health issues and covid don’t fare well, but let me know when you start getting out. We’d love to meet up with you for lunch, or a drive or whatever. 6 ft apart of course. 😃

Extender32
12 hours ago, aenigma said:

hoxxoh are you getting out and about yet? We miss you guys. I haven’t wanted to bug you because I know the health issues and covid don’t fare well, but let me know when you start getting out. We’d love to meet up with you for lunch, or a drive or whatever. 6 ft apart of course. 😃

Come join us for lunch some Tues. Tom was there this week and was his same ole self.

4 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Come join us for lunch some Tues. Tom was there this week and was his same ole self.

^^^ what he said.

I am planning to make it next week. . .:eat:

On 5/20/2020 at 8:40 PM, aenigma said:

We only stopped for a couple weeks in Feb to starve the flu bug to death. We've had no fear of going out during the "lockdown" to places that were open, but there just weren't very many open.  Once Ducey gave the all clear, barbers, salons, and restaurants R us.

I personally refrained from hugging complete strangers at Lowe's and Harbor Freight,  since I started requiring a formal introduction first. Then finding an aisle without the social distancing markers on the floor became the next problem. Walmart complicated things by making them all one-way, but thankfully our local Fry's allowed the friendly closer contact until reaching the checkout. 

• Haha 1

Didn’t make this week cause I was celebrating 47 yrs with the same woman. Can you believe she’s put up with me that long?  Next week we rented a cabin in Pinetop so I’m out. 

31 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

Didn’t make this week cause I was celebrating 47 yrs with the same woman. Can you believe she’s put up with me that long?  Next week we rented a cabin in Pinetop so I’m out. 

Congrats.  You two are a simply adorable couple.  Have a lovely time in Pinetop!

Well, gonna miss this again. :(Been trying to get one of my bikes into the shop, and they just called me with an immediate opening. By the time I'm done with that you guys will probably be gone...

9 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Well, gonna miss this again. :(Been trying to get one of my bikes into the shop, and they just called me with an immediate opening. By the time I'm done with that you guys will probably be gone...

Glad to see you today, no matter what time you arrived. :thumbs

9 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Glad to see you today, no matter what time you arrived. :thumbs

Thanks, Tom.  It was good seeing all you geezers! :)

I'm not sure you can get pictures from a Kodak instamatic to post on electronic forums.  I could be wrong..... :hide:

41 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

I'm not sure you can get pictures from a Kodak instamatic to post on electronic forums.  I could be wrong..... :hide:

:smilelol