C6 Gas fumes/Fuel pump plastic fitting.

SixAddict

Ok so I started to notice gas fumes coming from drivers side rear wheel well while replacing my shocks, it's not to the point of over powering my garage.......yet, but I figure the pos plastic 90 degree fitting is starting to crack or has cracked and will get worse.

I have read all the sticky' s on the big forum and know this will be covered under GM's safety bulletin or recall whatever, I also have extended warranty until October 2019. 

Asking here to see if anyone had this done and who you went to, I'm cringing at the thought of having to go to the stealership and problems will just accumulate after their butcher job.......

Thinking whoever does this will have to confirm with the smoke test first so maybe I'll get lucky (see avatar) and it will be something else.

Thanks for your info.

If this is covered under warranty, I would take your car to Arrowhead Caddy as they have worked on mine in the past with good success. If you do take it there, talk to the service mgr Bill Large. You can also take your car to Coulter Caddy (speak to Ed) in the service dept and he'll take care of you and Ed is also a member on the forum here.

Thank you Greg. 

44 minutes ago, Shakti Vette said:

Awwwwwwww, FAWWWWWWK......!

I hear ya Jeff.......what do they say "unexplained fires are a matter for the courts".  

There was a recall for some years with fumes emanating from the drivers side, I forget what years, but my 08 was affected. 

I had both tanks. It was prior to the GM offer. Ed at Coulter arranged special consideration from GM. He’s familiar with the problem and how to repair.  

Thanks Eddie, that is who I plan on contacting as I've had a couple good recommendations for him. 

On 6/20/2019 at 5:59 PM, SixAddict said:

Thanks Eddie, that is who I plan on contacting as I've had a couple good recommendations for him. 

...Ed at Coulter is the man!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So on Monday I dropped my car off at Coulter, Ed had to turn me over to another service advisor, one that handles warranty work as my car was out of the ten year recall on the fuel pump leaking issue.

Monday afternoon Dale called (service manager Ed hooked me up with) to confirm gas was leaking out of the top of the tank.

Tuesday they dropped torque tube, cradle and whatever else is up there for the warranty company rep to approve work and if they would cover this.

This afternoon Dale called and said warranty rep was out and approved all work needed to replace leaking fuel pump, thank God for extended warranty's, my total bill will be 200 dollar deductible.

Of course they are off tomorrow and will try to get parts Friday so hopefully I'll get my car back the beginning of next week.

Thanks to those who recommended Ed and Coulter Cadillac. 

:thumbs:ACE: