DIY Ceramic done

GTIMANiac

My ADD didn't play in my favor with this long exhaustive process, IPA between each step to ensure no residue.

• Strip existing wax and sealants
  • Clay
  • Mild cut
  • Polish
  • Final Polish
  • 2x Ceramic a day between

IMG_7477.jpeg

IMG_7478.jpeg

IMG_7480.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great Scott.:cheers

I have my Porter Cable, LC pads, cleaner, polish, wax. Now if the garage gets below 90 I'm ready to go.......

I just replaced my Porter Cable with a Torque, so far I am really happy with it. I think I lost 10lbs in water weight working on it though.

Looks fantastic - can't wait to see it in person! I know what you mean about the weight loss, I usually take a week of evenings to wax just to keep the energy output manageable.

Desertdawg

You missed a spot...... :bolt: 

looks killer, wanna do mine next?

All that polishing and its still yellow, you must be devastated......oh well, better luck next time!

:lol

Kidding!!  Looks great!  :thumbs

6 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

I'd be glad to help someone, providing that IPA between steps stands for Indian Pale Ale as well as IsoPropyl Alcohol.

Shakti Vette
On 6/7/2019 at 9:43 AM, Desertdawg said:

Looks AWESOME........>!

Add me to the list also..

We could all do it here at our home in the fall, we have 12 yards of concrete to park on, shaded after 1pm, fit 4 cars on.  :yesnod

Jeff

34 minutes ago, Shakti Vette said:

Loos AWESOME........>!

We could all do it here at our home in the fall, we have 12 yards of concrete to park on, shaded after 1pm, fit 4 cars on.  :yesnod

Jeff

Yeah, I think I finished up just before summer hit! I wouldn't attempt it now unless your garage is climate controlled. I did one of the new cars yesterday, not three weeks old yet, so just had to strip the wax, rub down with alcohol and then treat, done in an hour. 

Jeff, let's do yours in October. 

Shakti Vette
7 hours ago, GTIMANiac said:

Yeah, I think I finished up just before summer hit! I wouldn't attempt it now unless your garage is climate controlled. I did one of the new cars yesterday, not three weeks old yet, so just had to strip the wax, rub down with alcohol and then treat, done in an hour. 

Jeff, let's do yours in October. 

Sounds like a plan.... 👍

Thanx Scott...

Vette R & D

Well as some of you know We got our replacement to the wrecked Vette from the April 30 2019 to our 2015 Blade Silver Vette,  We now have a 2017 GS in Sterling Blue Metallic,  It rolled of the transport truck less than 12 hours before the Fathers Day Picnic run.   We were pleasantly surprised to find the Vette not only already had a clear Bra on the entire front of the car but also al the way down both sides!   My question is how do I take care of this clear Bar?  Please Help

IMG_0082.JPG

1 minute ago, Vette R & D said:

Well as some of you know We got our replacement to the wrecked Vette from the April 30 2019 to our 2015 Blade Silver Vette,  We now have a 2017 GS in Sterling Blue Metalic,  It rolled of the transport truck less than 12 hours before the Fathers Day Picnic run.   We were pleasantly surprised to find the Vette not only already had a clear Bra on the entire front of the car but also al the way down both sides!   My question is how do I take care of this clear Bar?  Please Help

My guess is it's likely made by Xpel in which case https://www.xpel.com/care

If it happens to be 3M  (couldn't find an official 3M care page) https://3mclearbrasc.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/how-to-maintain-and-clean-3m-paint-protection/

On 6/10/2019 at 11:06 AM, Shakti Vette said:

Loos AWESOME........>!

Jeff

:thumbs ^^^  this activity is known as an "ACE Detail Day"

With a clear bra, just wash & wax as usual and you can even use a DA to polish if need be, I do this to mine frequently.