Looking for east Phoenix Chevy dealer for warranty work

Corvette Ed

Corvette Ed

I am looking for a Chevy dealer, preferably on the east side of Pheonix for some warranty body work to complete work that was supposed to have been done by the dealer who fixed my car before I left Texas two weeks ago. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The only dealer I've seen on this side of town is Autonation Chevrolet, and I'm a little hesitant to deal with anything that has Autonation in the name.

Not east, but more central, would be Coulter Cadillac, they should be able to do your warranty work as well.  Folks at Coulter Caddy have worked on a lot of Vettes for members over the years

Corvette Ed
2 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Hey Ed, welcome, glad you found us.....:cheers

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully they can take care of me.

Classic Gold is the preferred paint & body shop for ACE members. and it's East side. If your warranty does not required the work to be performed specifically by a GM body shop, then Classic Gold is a better choice.

Corvette Ed

Unfortunately since GM didn't he work, they'll have to be the ones who have to fix it. The shop here will have to bill the dealer in Texas. I cleaned the car today and found the paint looks been worse than I'd originally thought. I can see buffer marks in the paint, and the underside of the hood never was sanded out and still has trash in the paint. The headlights also need to be fixed because they weren't installed correctly. The gasket on both lights has been pushed up by the body panels.

That sucks. I remember the issues you ran into from reading about it on the big forum. Thought that was gonna be taken care of before your move here. 

Hopefully you'll have better luck with one of the suggested dealers here.

Looking forward to seeing your car in person as I've seen your photos from car shows you posted on the forum.

Oh and keep your tags as long as you can, it ain't cheap registering here......

Corvette Ed

No luck so far. Coulter looked at the car and verified all of the crap work that was done, and the manager called Chuck Fairbanks in Texas who are saying it's on me, and they aren't going to fix anything. This leaves me with having to pay another thousand dollars to fix things I've already paid once to have done. I let them know I will be contacting GM, and will also be blasting them on every social media and Chevrolet site on the internet.

Sorry to hear this, that sucks. Karma's a bitch and hopefully that manager falls into it.

Corvette Ed

I called GM customer care and they told me they agree that the dealer is in the wrong here, especially since the damage was verified by another GM dealer. I should be hearing from a senior advisor next week as they escalated my case to get it taken care of. I can't believe the horrible customer service I've received from a dealer I've been doing business with for 15 years. It's funny it happens as soon as they know I'm no longer a customer of theirs. Karma will bite them in the azz. I also spoke with my insurance company, and they have reopened both of my claims. At the very least I might be able to open a claim against the dealer, which would cost me $500 for my deductible, but that's better than the $1000 I was quoted it would take to fix my paint.

At least it sounds like your getting positive results. Good luck with your endeavors.

• 2 months later...
Corvette Ed

Just to update what eventually happened here, GM customer care wasn't able to do anything to get the dealer in Texas to take ownership of this.

On the bright side, a recent accident involving my car and a 10" rock in the middle of the road that did nearly $12k in damage to the front and underside of my car is going to result in my car being fixed completely, which will include all of the damage done by the dealer. It should hopefully be ready some time next week.

44 minutes ago, Corvette Ed said:

Just to update what eventually happened here, GM customer care wasn't able to do anything to get the dealer in Texas to take ownership of this.

On the bright side, a recent accident involving my car and a 10" rock in the middle of the road that did nearly $12k in damage to the front and underside of my car is going to result in my car being fixed completely, which will include all of the damage done by the dealer. It should hopefully be ready some time next week.

Sounds like a positive ending to an otherwise negative experience.  Good for you!  :thumbs

1 hour ago, Corvette Ed said:

a recent accident involving my car and a 10" rock in the middle of the road that did nearly $12k in damage to the front and underside of my car is going to result in my car being fixed completely, which will include all of the damage done by the dealer.

Are you pulling the rock home as a yard reminder on the favor it did for you?

Corvette Ed
On 8/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, SixAddict said:

Good to hear Ed. Maybe you can make the escape the heat run with us. :burnout

Unfortunately I'll probably be working that day as much as I'd like to go. We have an upper-management mandated IT project that they're wanting to have done ASAP, so it will be several weeks (maybe months) before I have my Saturday's free. I saw the run, and would really love to go, but it doesn't look like I'll have any free Saturday's for a while.

Thus is the life of the lowest member on the totem pole. On the plus side, I'm making great overtime money. 😀