Batmobile

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and a new C5 owner... my very first one and only has 46k miles! i love the car but it needs a little TLC and i may need a little help finding these parts in a way i can afford.

i have a 1998 convertible 6speed with white top and the shale interior.

my driver's seat is trashed... sun ate it. looking for a complete seat that can match or if anyone has both seats in BLACK that would be great.

driver's door panel needed

want to change the top for a black top

front nose emblem needed

also if anyone has any connections with a body shop i need a little work done on that department as well.

thanks a lot everyone!

c5.jpg

c5 seat1.jpg

c5 door panel.jpg

c5 top.jpg

dwdrummer

Welcome to ace.... however,  you are going to crap when you see mark's car (grape ape).

20190509_233600.jpg

suprone
7 hours ago, dwdrummer said:

Welcome to ace.... however,  you are going to crap when you see mark's car (grape ape).

20190509_233600.jpg

It’s not a competition!

So I’m told.

But... you’re right!

Extender32

Congrats on your first vette. For body work, I'd take your car to Classic Gold im Tempe.

TheCMSH

Wowzers, that's a lot of wear for 46K, sun damage or not.  Take a look at Corvette America for a replacement top, they should have the seat skins and foam as well. 

I think (think) that Mark had Grape touched up at Classic Gold, but don't quote me on that.  That color is challenging as I remember for matching.  Classic Gold Auto in Tempe is solid for body work and folks recommend Elite in Mesa is as well

Looks like that car needed someone to rescue it and love it again, good on ya!  :thumbs

TheCMSH

Oh, take a drive over to 20th St Auto, they have a lot of C5 donors over there.  Don't be confused by the name, they're located on 40th St now:

http://www.20thstreetauto.com/

Looks like they have a '99 with a shale interior, you might be in luck for that door panel

suprone

Speaking of seat covers, look up Ridies.com 

killer deals leather or not leather.

mrhusker

Welcome to the ACE family. Love your color choice. Classic Gold is where I had mine touched up as stated before and they did a great job with it. They will have the formula for matching yours too.

Eddie44

I’ve had two different Vettes (1 of them twice) done at Classic Gold. In fact just got my 2012 GS back last week. The do great work and know Vettes.  

SixAddict
26 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

I’ve had two different Vettes (1 of them twice) done at Classic Gold. In fact just got my 2012 GS back last week. The do great work and know Vettes.  

That must have been your GS I saw when I was there getting my alignment done. They had a white one also parked by yours.

Welcome to the club Batmobile :ACE:

Batmobile

thanks a lot for all the help everyone. i have contacted 20th st auto. no luck on seats yet but door panel and some other stuff they have. will contact classic gold on monday to see what they can do for me.

kind of odd sometimes my car looks purple in the sun but out of it looks dark gray.  i have seen the super purple daytona 500 version and it is nothing like that one.

for the time being i have started doing some basic mechanical work on it: crank pulley, water pump, t-stat, sway bar end links (what was gm thinking putting plastic end links????), oil pressure switch (oh boy this one will be fun!), couple of pulleys, service the gear box and rear diff (diff fluid was nasty). hope you guys are changing this every 30k miles or less. 

what do you guys think of that 1 to 4 shift bypass thing? any issues with it? anyone done it?

crank1.jpg

crank2.jpg

rack.jpg

new parts.jpg

Chameleon

1-4 bypass is an absolute must!  You'll still get the light on the dash, but no interference with your shifting. Get the bypass type that plugs into the wiring on the transmission, NOT the replacement fuse type that goes in the fuse block. Those fuse bypasses are trouble. 

Batmobile
6 hours ago, Chameleon said:

1-4 bypass is an absolute must!  You'll still get the light on the dash, but no interference with your shifting. Get the bypass type that plugs into the wiring on the transmission, NOT the replacement fuse type that goes in the fuse block. Those fuse bypasses are trouble. 

awesome. that interference was pissing me off at first. thought there was something wrong in transmission. part is ordered!

Chameleon
2 hours ago, Batmobile said:

awesome. that interference was pissing me off at first. thought there was something wrong in transmission. part is ordered!

:thumbs  Look forward to seeing how your Vette comes together.  Post pics! 

FYI- ACE tradition, points for pointing at subject matter in pics...:yeah:

theChad
3 hours ago, Batmobile said:

Too soon! I had one for sale cheap!