Costco micro fiber towels.

SixAddict

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Ultra-Plush-Microfiber-Towel%2C-Yellow%2C-16-in-x-16-in%2C-36-count.product.100356999.html.  

Good deal at Costco for microfiber towels. Don't know if I would use these for painted surfaces, but wheels, tires, exhaust tips, plastic a decent price for using a couple times then throw alway........

IMG_0205.thumb.JPG.415c9aa2af69b48bb459d45392976200.JPG

• Thanks 1

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Good post. We’ve been using these (or Sams club equivalent) for years on wheels/jamb/interior and even windows. They actually hold up pretty well, may want to wash them before first use though if lint is a concern :)  

Windows????

I have yet to find any microfiber towel (even the ones for glass $$) that does not leave "lint" all over the glass....  Point your windshield into the sun in the morning to check for all the "sparkles".

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
5 hours ago, JohnU said:

Windows????

I have yet to find any microfiber towel (even the ones for glass $$) that does not leave "lint" all over the glass....  Point your windshield into the sun in the morning to check for all the "sparkles".

Yup windows. The thing that helps most is having a cleaner that’s a bit on the slippery side. A draggy window cleaner will pull those little fibers out ( trust me I know EXACTLY what you’re talking about regarding the sparkles lol). I use the low nap side as well. 

Standard engineering practice for cleaning is to use soft cotton fabrics on plastics and paper products on glass. At least it was about 40 years ago. 

Recently I've been using cotton diapers for glass..... but still with an issue or two.   My go to final step cloth is called a "Ultimate cloth".  Wet it, wring it out and let the sun dry it a little more and it's the best finishing cloth for windows I have used yet..... 4+ years so far.  I don't have the packaging here to tell you the source... I have more still in the package I'll get back to you with later.   It's made from Mira fiber.  This place sells their version of it.

https://www.southerncarparts.com/ultimate-cloth-p-712.html

Don't laugh, but I find using an old newspaper works pretty good. Spray on your cleaner and crumple up the newspaper and use it like you would a paper towel.

I think black and white newspaper used to work the best, unfortunately it's tough to find.....:smilelol

Last year I did order the ultimate cloth that JohnU mentioned above, works very well and I found after using the ultimate cloth I go over glass with Adams detail spray and that seems to work well also.

6 hours ago, old yeller said:

Don't laugh, but I find using an old newspaper works pretty good. Spray on your cleaner and crumple up the newspaper and use it like you would a paper towel.

Joe posted!!!! :howdy

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, JohnU said:

Windows????

I use Chemical Guys Waffle Microfiber and no lint. 

Also newsprint works great on non-tinted windows, works great on mirrors too. Coffee filters work well too.