C8 Public Release Date

Extender32

I just read that Chevy is officially going to publically unveil the new corvette on July 18th. It is rumored that the base Stingray will have an LT2 and approx 500HP and start @60K. The ZO6 will have a supercharged 5.5 liter V8 and the ZR1 will have the same engine except have twin turbocharger and an electric motor to drive the front wheels. Report combined HP #'s for the ZR1 will be in the 1000HP range

.excited winnie the pooh GIF

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a29781/mid-engine-corvette-2018-rumors/

I got the same update email from Chevy too as I signed up for the C8 update too.

joe@cpr.com

If the pcm isn't locked down like the new zr1 I'll be first in line to snag one up and rip it apart asap. Regardless if locked down we may be on the verge of the lambo stuff where it all gets standalones anyways which is fine by me! 

• 2 weeks later...

It took over 2 years for the L5P duramax computers to get hacked. And HP tuners is the only one to do it. 

I will bet the new Vette is locked down even tighter. 

joe@cpr.com
5 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

It took over 2 years for the L5P duramax computers to get hacked. And HP tuners is the only one to do it. 

I will bet the new Vette is locked down even tighter. 

It'll be hard for sure. But given they got the zr1 and that's a small run car they will go after the c8. The second I can order one I will in preparation to get ahead of the curve. 

I think the tech was different between the ZR1 and the duramax. People were really working hard at HP to get into them. 

Now if I wanted to tune my ‘17 the minimum cost is over $4500 just to have HP unlock the to computers.