2019 Prescott Vette Sette Car Show

HarleyPat

CrimsonNCream

Unfortunately Melinee and I won't be able to make this event until next year. Too many things to do that are family related right now, so have a great time and we will see y'all soon!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HarleyPat

• Chameleon

• SixAddict

• Corvette Ed

Ok, last post from me till the event. Going to change the meet place for the ride up the back way on Saturday. Let’s leave the McDonalds in Wickenburg just before the turnabout at 6:30 am. Let me know if you plan to join me on this drive so you don’t get left behind. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet point in Prescott prior to the show. 😎

And for the group going up I-17, we will leave the Carefree Highway I-17 McDonald's at 6:30. That's earlier than I previously posted because Google is now estimating 1hr. 15 min. drive time (assuming Sat. 6:30 am departure).

Anyone planning to run up Friday morning and wanting company, a few of us are meeting in the shopping center parking lot at the northeast corner of Greenway and the 303 loop.   11 a.m. departure up the twisties to Prescott.  If that works for you please post up here so we know you're joining!

FYI...just received this from the show...once again I’m looking forward to it! 😎

Hey Corvette Friends,

I would like to take a minute to send you several documents that could make your visit to our Great Little Town of Prescott.  I include a "site map" that will show you where the only entrance to the Courthouse Square (where we show the cars) is. The corner of Carleton and Cortez is where you need to start. You will enter the car show area from the Southeast corner of the Square. Our experienced Parking Attendants will show you to your space. Please follow their directions and parking your car will take just a couple of minutes. 
   On Friday evening, we will host the First Annual Pub Crawl that requires you to visit 6 pubs along Whiskey Row and get your Punch Card validated with all 6 punches, then it can be dropped into the box for 5 cash drawings just before the Awards Ceremony.  There are a few spots left, so I have attached a Pub Crawl Registration Form. Under the big tent at the Southwest corner of Goodwin and Montezuma is the Registration table, where you will get your Pub Crawl T-Shirt, wrist band and Punch Card, 
   Please find a flyer on a great event, our version of a Poker Run.  Although many of you must return home right after the show, the rest of us can have some fun participating in the Poker Run Sunday morning for about 2 hours. Plus the more that participate, the bigger the prize fund. 
   We welcome you to our Hometown and yours for a day.

K Tom Jones, President
Prescott Vette Sette

coconut girl

Aloha Everyone

Better bundle up in the morning this weekend in Prescott.

There is a freeze watch in effect from Thursday evening through Friday morning above 4000 feet.

Prescott is 5200 feet.

Saturday morning temps:

7:00 am 37 degrees

8:00 am 47 degrees

9:00 am 56 degrees

10:00 am 60 degrees

With a high of 70.

See ya up here.

2 hours ago, coconut girl said:

Aloha Everyone

Better bundle up in the morning this weekend in Prescott.

There is a freeze watch in effect from Thursday evening through Friday morning above 4000 feet.

Prescott is 5200 feet.

Saturday morning temps:

7:00 am 37 degrees

8:00 am 47 degrees

9:00 am 56 degrees

10:00 am 60 degrees

With a high of 70.

See ya up here.

Oh, brrrrrrrr!! 

Thanks for the heads up!  :ACE:

I've been detailing and detailing...………..DAB-NAB-IT HARLEY PAT IT STILL AINT RED!!!...……….:banghead:fail:.....… BLUE  WILL HAVE TO DO

15 minutes ago, Vette R & D said:

I've been detailing and detailing...………..DAB-NAB-IT HARLEY PAT IT STILL AINT RED!!!...……….:banghead:fail:.....… BLUE  WILL HAVE TO DO

Try harder!!!!!!  :smilelol

On 10/7/2019 at 11:01 AM, HarleyPat said:

Ok, last post from me till the event. Going to change the meet place for the ride up the back way on Saturday. Let’s leave the McDonalds in Wickenburg just before the turnabout at 6:30 am. Let me know if you plan to join me on this drive so you don’t get left behind. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet point in Prescott prior to the show. 😎

I'll be there with my neice.

Looking forward to meeting you Ed, and seeing that beautiful drop top.

We are already up here just checked into the Hampton Inn, and we have reservations for dinner across the street at the Fin.

There are a few other vettes here also, they have name tags on Fast Glass club or something like that, up from Tucson, anyway we'll see you at the middle school or high school what ever school that is.

Speed Safe......

2 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Looking forward to meeting you Ed, and seeing that beautiful drop top.

We are already up here just checked into the Hampton Inn, and we have reservations for dinner across the street at the Fin.

There are a few other vettes here also, they have name tags on Fast Glass club or something like that, up from Tucson, anyway we'll see you at the middle school or high school what ever school that is.

Speed Safe......

Looking forward to meeting you as well. It's been a long bumpy road.

3 hours ago, Corvette Ed said:

I'll be there with my neice.

Starting to second guess going up the twisties with the temps in the 40's. I've been having intermittent active handling issues, and I run on summer tires. Blasting through the twisties doesn't seems like such a good idea with temps in the 40's.

Is anyone planning on running the twisties on the way out Saturday? I'm thinking heading in on 17 and leaving out 89 with temps in the 70's might be the better plan.

We’re headed straight up the 17 now. 
where is everyone going to be around 8?  I’m looking forward to sambuca for some reason. 
oh yeah, that was what I drank a lot of last time I went. 😂

I agree:  great pictures.  I do have to say, though, the front end on my '64 is not crooked as it appears in Aenigma's pic at the school. 😎

Great pics Mo and German! :yourock:  Outside of the Prescott club and one other, ACE had the best attendance! Let’s go for it next year! 😎

Pics of show Click here to view photos :photo:

We had a great time, and the weather was perfect.

Our ticket was drawn for the last prize. Two corvette books.

20191013_083720.jpg

20191013_083739.jpg

Also, we made the "mistake" of going through the Chevy dealer tent and couldn't resist purchasing this sign:

20191013_143427.jpg

We did not stay for the other drawings and awards.

Did any ACE folks win anything?

German I wanted to let you know a corvette forum member hotwheels57 thanks you. During the awards presentation a blue 75 vette was leaving the show and hit his Z06, promptly got out and with some chemical cleaned his blue paint off the Z06 and left.

Vette setters personnel and Prescott police department got his information on him as witnesses said he was drunk when he did this. 

Hotweels57 was looking for photos of a blue 75 vette and asked for help on the corvette forum if anyone had photos and as I looked through your photos you'd taken a beautiful shot of the perps car, I posted the photo to the forum and hotwheels57 said that was the one and thanked me and said to thank whoever took the photo, so I'm giving you thanks from him.

This is the perps car.....also the link to the corvette forum with a description of incident.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southwest/4234128-prescott-AZ-oct-12-2019-all-corvette-show-2.html

IMG_0237.thumb.JPG.68c1cf332f07cf53f7b839d43068bef9.JPG