Der Commish is for der sale

TheCMSH

Hey, lets try this again!!  Updated for sale thread and mighty fine C5 listed below:

Facing reality, making life choices; as most of you regulars realize I haven't had a physical presence at any functions for quite some time.  Too much work which has resulted in my beloved pony just sitting in the corral.  Its been a great car, just time to get in into the hands of someone who can actually drive it and enjoy it.  Since I have zero time and desire to sift through weeks or Craigslist/Ebay BS, I'm pricing the car to go quickly, cash sale.  I would sure love the car to stay in the ACE family so I'm starting here.  $9,000 cash takes it home, its not new but its been well cared for (garage kept always) and has most every typical failure point dealt with.  It has age appropriate cosmetic issues (think Laughlin rash on the nose), typical LS-1 piston slap that disappears after warm up.  Zero oil leaks, new pan gasket and rear main seal

• $9,00 cash sale only
  • 2001 coupe - Pewter (dammit its pewter not silver) Automatic transmission, sport seats and perfect
  • 145K miles
  • Targa, halo, lower rear fascia 3M black vinyl
  • F45 still present with sims installed
  • Z06 exhaust
  • Z06 sways
  • New shocks
  • New brakes 12K ago
  • Newer fluids
  • Factory stereo with PAC ipod auxiliary connector
  • EBCM issue repaired
  • Brass gears in headlight motors
  • water pump, balancer, tensioners done
  • New Cooper tires, dreamy.....
  • New windshield

Perfect starter car for someone looking to get into the Corvette life.  I've priced the car appropriately for the condition I'm looking to find it a new home, not dicker on price.  If you get a kick out of haggling, just go find some unknown car on Craigslist or Ebay and don't waste my time.  I'm also willing, if you bring me a buyer, to pay you $100 cash for a finders fee.  Contact me via PM here on the forum, we can exchange phone numbers from there.  If you want a car to just jump in and drive, this is your car

Jim

Teh Commish

E6691249-1C6A-4E7A-BB2D-981E39E818A2.jpeg

066EE9B3-81D8-4BB7-8491-9FA27F799335.jpeg

6722B38F-A674-40DE-BA8C-DDFCA0725AEE.jpeg

D08E40CA-5B43-4D1D-B431-E322B319E970.jpeg

5AD04C78-717D-4AE4-BA92-C560E83F32FD.jpeg

I haz a sad...but I understand.   

Ad doesn't say - auto or 6-speed?

My granddaughter would love this car but starving college student has no dinero...  

Sorry to see this go. Make sure you still hang around here though. Best of luck with the sale. 

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

I haz a sad...but I understand.   

Ad doesn't say - auto or 6-speed?

My granddaughter would love this car but starving college student has no dinero...  

Auto. Knew I was forgetting something.  :lol

8 hours ago, Shakti Vette said:

Might have a friend interested at work sent pm 

Jeff

PM received.  :thumbs

If I buy it it will just sit next to mine. It’s better off in your garage than my carport. 

• 11 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 3:23 PM, TheCMSH said:

Back on deck, bumpity....new stuff and new price

What the heck? You finally go to a cruise lunch, then put your Vette up for sale within 5 days. You must’ve checked to see if you like us but decided you don’t. 😂

• 3 weeks later...

Well Mark, now Der Commish is officially der gone.  I have a hole in my garage and bit of a hole in my heart but there is a sunny side to all this.  The car has a new home and its in the family still, I received a message from Jack down in Ajo, a lot of you will remember Jack; he got the itch for a Vette again after his wife passed and now The Commish is now officially Pima52.  I for one could not be happier about it and Jack is the perfect guy to love the car and give it the attention it deserves.  I have a couple pictures I'll upload off the phone

We did the deal at teh DesertDawg's, thanks again Dwayne and Jammye for helping out with everything.  Dwayne got Jack's forum login fixed so he should start showing up online again hopefully

I'm not going anywhere, I'm sticking around, no way I'd give this freak show a vacation from my presence  :LolLol:

• Like 1

Jim forgot to upload the most important image. 

ACEB5AD4-ECE2-435F-9D9B-F8D1984C3C29.thumb.jpeg.9c003db538f7a5e39822184e6d2ac381.jpeg

and, I will not confirm the report that as Jack drove away Jim used my shoulder to sob on. (Social Distancing rules applied)

• Like 1

I stood there in a bit of stunned silence and Dwayne (from 6 feet away) said,”there there.....there there”

Reality hit when I got home. You get used to your companion of 13 years being there

Jammye offered I can drive Dwayne’s car anytime I want. I’m good with that, teh Dawg probably not so much 😆

Glad to see it went to another ACEhole and it's still in da family. Also glad to hear you're going to stay around with us and Dawg was there to help with the sobbing. Time heals all wounds, even if they're on the inside.

I got it......I got it HE-HE-he-he-he-he-It's all mine.alllllllllll mine and better yet I'm an ACEhole again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats to both of yins.... any burnouts leaving the park area???

Jimbo, that empty feelin will get better but never gone... still missin Sunny!