Grape Ape

Thought I'd try and lose a little weight to the C5. Tell ya what, it's really not a fun job. Needs to be done but I'll be paying someone if there's a next time.

AC Compressor Change - 02.jpeg

AC Compressor Change - 04.jpeg

AC Compressor Change - 01.jpeg

I did clean and nope. AC Compressor took a shit so I put in a new aluminum radiator, new water pump and condenser while it was all torn apart. Not really as fun as I envisioned...😑

I also ditched those damn braided hose covers. Really a pain when one needs to work around them. Now just have the black silicone hoses. Looks better I think.

Okay, here ya go. I still need freon in it so that's going to classic when they have time. As long as there's no leaks it should be easy for them. I installed new O rings in all the right places. I'm going to leave the fuel rail covers off until after it's serviced in case they need to work on anything. It's all back together and running well again. 

AC Compressor R&R - 06.jpg

AC Compressor R&R - 09.jpg

AC Compressor R&R - 05.jpg

AC Compressor R&R - 07.jpg

Thanks and ya, I should look into that airplane thing. I hear they have some pretty cool peeps at SWA.

🤔👍Do they have any openings in stores? Being a mechanic there isn't much fun anymore. 5 more years and I'm done, whether I can afford it or not.

Got my AC charged this morning at classic. Works great with no leaks. I have a good operating AC system again and I'm happy. Bring on da heat!!!

I know, right! I think I'll just keep my trap shut and try to fly under the radar for the next few years. 5 more and done, whether I can afford it or not.

Might have to plan a double retirement paaaartaaaayyyy when the time comes!