ACE Upgrades

theChad

Hello ACE folks!

The admins and mods will use this thread to help keep you up to date on any new, interesting, or noteworthy board upgrades, features, or tips/tricks that don't already have or warrant their own thread or how-to.

GIF's !!!

It's been a long wait, but they have just integrated a GIFY API that gives us all access to animated GIF's !

Look for the little "GIF" icon next to the Emoji Icon when you're in the post editor. Web & Mobile accessible!

Type in a key word like, "awesome" and pick a result.

will ferrell yes GIF

They even got a few good Corvette ones!!

discovery channel television GIF

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

shrek 2 love GIF

It must be broke. That’s not the ass I was searching for. 

• 1 year later...

Can anyone do me a favor and look at this picture. Do you see anything that might be an issue?

Screenshot_20200607-144937_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b3ae3ae49f29cd0e33a6d662535af23.jpg

Well, I can't see my user name or sign in link or sign out link....get what I'm trying to say? Those words need to be a different color or have an outline or a frame or something around them. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue and it's actually pretty trivial but I'm not getting any younger. I love the new banner though so don't change that again.

• Thanks 1

Yes I have noticed this also Mark. I just didn’t  want to be the first to point it out......:hide:      

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, mrhusker said:

Can anyone do me a favor and look at this picture. Do you see anything that might be an issue?

Screenshot_20200607-144937_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b3ae3ae49f29cd0e33a6d662535af23.jpg

Well, I can't see my user name or sign in link or sign out link....get what I'm trying to say? Those words need to be a different color or have an outline or a frame or something around them. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue and it's actually pretty trivial but I'm not getting any younger. I love the new banner though so don't change that again.

Ahhh, yes. We’ll look into it. Might just need to add some blank color above the photo. I think that’s what was done last time.

• Like 1

I think it depends on the viewing ratio too.  On my desktop screen no problem, on the laptop it compresses the width

Yeah I think you're on to something there. On my tablet it super sucks. The bigger the screen, the better it is seems.

1 hour ago, TheCMSH said:

I think it depends on the viewing ratio too.  On my desktop screen no problem, on the laptop it compresses the width

1 hour ago, mrhusker said:

Yeah I think you're on to something there. On my tablet it super sucks. The bigger the screen, the better it is seems.

How 'bout now?  Added about 130px to the top that match the background color as a pseudo-border so the text is more visible. 
Looks good on my 1080 monitor at all widths.  And the mobile looks about the same.

• Like 1

You took length and girth away from the graphic.  Never, ever, take length and girth a way from a guy!!!

2 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

You took length and girth away from the graphic.  Never, ever, take length and girth a way from a guy!!!

I did nothing of the sort! Check your microscope and magnification settings!!

2 hours ago, theChad said:

I did nothing of the sort! Check your microscope and magnification settings!!

:smilelol