Anyone shopping for a new C7 right now?

Chameleon

Hmmm. I wonder if it’s because of anticipation of the 2025 C8 due out in 2024? :lol 

or 

is it just not as cool as past generations???

After hearing of all the problems from forum members I doubt I would want one, if it wasn't for that I would like one don't get me wrong. Also have no desire for the mid engine C8. Personally for me  the last real corvette was the C3.....  :yesnod

39,000 miles on a C7.  The damm tires worn out at 35,000 (cord showing)  Problems zero.......  with any car it's the "luck of the draw".   You only hear about the bad ones and rightly so, the factory needs to take care of those owners.  

I've had a C3 for 28 years. Problems.... dried out factory grease and A/C seals. 

Got my C7 in 2013 and first day of production and not a problem. Again it may be the luck of the draw but I enjoy it.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, Desertdawg said:

Hmmm. I wonder if it’s because of anticipation of the 2025 C8 due out in 2024? :lol 

or 

is it just not as cool as past generations???

I thought it was 2034.........>?

I heard that the delay in releasing the C8 is due to the fact GM can not beat the current C7 ZR1 from a spec standpoint. I also feel that since the Vette is 49/51 weight distribution and has been for a long time that the C8 is really going to flop when released from a looks and performance standpoint.... Also NOT so impressed at the moment with the leaks in footage/camo shots......:blink

• 2 weeks later...
scottcolbath

All I know is that New Jersey dealer has new Vettes for 47K. I'm tempted, but I keep looking at sanitary C6 and C5 FRCs and Z06s for a lot less money.

S.C.

MidNiteFury01

In 15 years, some editors are predicting the C7 ZO6's will be had for around $23K. I can't wait that long. I'll just have to save more dimes to see if we can get a used one in about 5 years. I'm thinking an '18 ZO6 will be worth about $45K, which seems about right considering the usual depreciation rate.

https://carbuzz.com/news/in-2030-you-will-be-able-to-buy-a-c7-corvette-z06-for-around-20-000