Target App users .....read this!

JohnU

This price switch is also true between Target.com and the store.  I recently bought an item that was $19.99 online, but rang up $26.99 in the store.  When I complained and showed the cashier the online price, the cashier did a price match to the online price.  I could have ordered it online and shipped to the store for free for the lower price, but walking it to get it off the shelf the price was higher.  Pure BS in my opinion. 

This is why brick and mortar stores are slowly dying. The overhead to operate a store vs online shopping is huge. Just keeping the lights on and a building air conditioned is huge, forget the payroll expenses

It will start being referred to as a convenience fee. Want it right now? This is what you're going to pay to walk in and get it right now off the shelf. Willing to wait? This is what you'll pay because a dozen less hands touch it. Its just a matter of time before this stance happens, it has to or every retail operation turns into Wal-Mart. Big box, no one working the floor, two cashiers working on a Saturday

Remember, you are supporting a lot of local people when you shop and buy local. 

Good to know but I rarely shop at Target anyway and you can probably assume that other retailers do the same thing.

2 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Remember, you are supporting a lot of local people when you shop and buy local. 

True, but many folks need to shop where their dollars go the furthest.  Change is inevitable.  As a kid in Prescott, there were two grocery stores. The Hassayampa Market, and The Food Basket. Both markets were family owned and operated, you got greeted by name, and the butcher knew exactly how you wanted your roast trimmed. Then Safeway came to town, and Fry's came to town, and those two family stores went out of business. Now Safeway and Fry's find themselves competing with Target and Walmart and Costco - and so it goes...

I think I’ve seen the switch-a-roo with a certain airline. 

I go check prices for a certain date. When I go back 6 hours later it’s gone up. Same seats, same flight. 

No, I’m not going to name this airline either. :toetap 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:33 PM, Desertdawg said:

I think I’ve seen the switch-a-roo with a certain airline. 

I go check prices for a certain date. When I go back 6 hours later it’s gone up. Same seats, same flight. 

No, I’m not going to name this airline either. :toetap 

Delta has done that to me!

• 3 months later...
Azmotorhead
On 2/3/2019 at 7:47 AM, TheCMSH said:

It will start being referred to as a convenience fee. Want it right now? This is what you're going to pay to walk in and get it right now off the shelf. Willing to wait? This is what you'll pay because a dozen less hands touch it.

May be true but there are places out there that charge a convenience fee when you do stuff online as well

On 5/20/2019 at 6:41 AM, Azmotorhead said:

May be true but there are places out there that charge a convenience fee when you do stuff online as well

:agree

Van in Scottsdale charges a fee if you order online (gmpartscenter.net) and pickup rather than ship. You won't know it or how much until you arrive.

Sands in Glendale/Surprise (gmpartsoutlet.net) won't allow a pickup if you order online. They only ship orders, even if it's right next door.

Midway in Phoenix (gmpartsshop.com) completely shut off their online parts after Warren Buffet (Berkshire-Hathaway) bought them and 27 other Phoenix area dealerships.