Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee - Again - NEW DATE: April 7th

Grape Ape

EDIT - This is happening on Sunday, April 7th at 10:00 am.  Post up if you're in!

EDIT-EDIT -  Due to weather and some people wanting to STAY HOME!!! Ya, you know who you are!!! This has been rescheduled to the date above.

I received this email from Heather at Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee yesterday so I'm posting to see if anyone would like to meet there again. She has suggested February 16th as 1 date she gave me. I need to know if that date would work for anyone? It's a Saturday, or would a Sunday work better? Let me know and I'll get back with her on what we decide. I have a car show on February 16th already so I wouldn't be able to attend that day.

Hi Mark,

I wanted to reach out to you and see if your car club had any interest in coming back out to our facility sometime before it gets too hot again. We had such a great time, that I’d love to have you come back – if you are interested.

Please let me know.

Thanks again!

Heather Miller

Program Director

Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee

13822 South 46th Place

Phoenix, Arizona  85044

Phone: 480-598-1224

Fax: 480-598-9407

Email: activities@hawthorncourtseniorliving.com

I can attend Saturday Feb 16 or I'm also open for another date if that works better.  Sunday afternoon would also work for me.  I live pretty close by.  

It's the one out in Florence. Main street kind of thing I think. A buddy from Coolidge wanted to go.

Anyone else feel like doing this on this date or would a different date work better?

Just wondering if someone would be able to post this on the ACE facebok page? Might get a few more to participate.

15 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Just wondering if someone would be able to post this on the ACE facebok page? Might get a few more to participate.

Asking over on Facebook for date opinions would be like trying to herd cats.

Pick a date and I will get it put up on Facebook.

I agree with SUPRONE that it should be on a day when you can attend with Grape. . .

• Upvote 1

Okay let's do Sunday the 17th then. I thought if most people wanted the 16th then I'd bow out and let you all have fun. 17th it is. I'll inform Heather about the date change and hope she's good with it. I'll post back when I find out either way.

• Like 1

Got a confirmation from Heather and it's set for 10 am on the 17th. See ya there. I will be alone as my wife will be out of town visiting her family.

7 hours ago, Vette R & D said:

Can you explain a little more about what this event is, We were not members last year.  What type of even is this?

Linky to last year:   https://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/topic/29942-hawthorn-court-at-ahwatukee-visitation/?tab=comments#comment-432780

Hawthorne Court is a memory care center.  The event was a mini car show, just ACE, got the residents outside for a bit looking at and listening to the cars and chatting with the drivers.  They apparently enjoyed it so much they want us to come back and do it again.

I’m only going if you play that awesome swing music for real during the event. I almost started swinging just listening to it. Great music. 😃

Haha, that comment made me chuckle. I forgot what music I used for that video. I thought it fit the event and it worked. Not sure I have that sound track anymore but if you'll show up I'll do what I can to have it there for you!😃✌️

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, been under the weather this last week. Split my head open and got me some staples in the noggin. All good now though.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:11 AM, az57chevy said:

i could be in for either day as well

I'll be there. Probably go to the pavillions afterwards for the Sweetheart show

Kami and I are back in AZ after a 6 year exile  And we are in for this on the 17th. It will be nice to see old friends and meet new ones.