Turn Signal Flasher Replacement C5

MidNiteFury01

MidNiteFury01

Need to replace the flasher so the turn signals work consistently. Any tricks you have to share are really appreciated.

Also, if I disconnect stereo head unit wires to get access to the hazard switch will I need to enter in a specific code? The battery is currently disconnect while other repairs are made. 

Thanks!

Good to know your still alive!

If you come up with some way to fix that replacing light bulbs every two months let me know.

Final Effort

Get yourself a LED turn signal adapter and install it instead. Go to YouTube and watch. 

This was how I did mine. Much easier then ripping out half the dash.

MidNiteFury01
12 hours ago, suprone said:

Good to know your still alive!

If you come up with some way to fix that replacing light bulbs every two months let me know.

Alive & well, but the car is undergoing some major surgery. 

All my lights work provided the hazard switch where the turn signal & brake lights run through, works. Sometimes I have to beat the dash a bit and push the button a few times and it "may" work for a bit. 

MidNiteFury01
3 hours ago, Final Effort said:

Get yourself a LED turn signal adapter and install it instead. Go to YouTube and watch. 

This was how I did mine. Much easier then ripping out half the dash.

So it by-passes the hazard switch which activates the turn signal? Right now I have to beat the dashboard and push the hazard button a lot and hope it works.

• 2 years later...

I am in need of someone, in the Tucson, AZ, area who can help me with a 2000 C5 that has to be jumped to start but then, if it sits for any length of time, it is dead again.  My husband had it in one shop or another over the years because of whatever electrical issues were plaguing it.  I want to sell this car but I am going to have to get someone to get it running...and running reliably.  I do not drive it cuz I do not like the manual trans.  Suggestions on who to call will be greatly appreciated.