C6 key fobs issues

Redhotvettte

Redhotvettte

Ok, My first key fob hasn't worked for about 6 months thinking it was just a replacement battery issue so I just used the second fob since then. Recently the car hasn't been driven so I have had to just start it a couple of times including today. But after driving it for a short time today I started getting the "no key fob" detected on the second fob while at the local Home Depot. I ran in a bought new batteries for the fobs and still had to use the slot in the glove box to start the car... Spent all afternoon following the reset fob steps with negative results.I cannot lock or unlock the car or open the trunk...Read that the RCDLR may be the issue, any thoughts, suggestions on shops to take it to? the car battery seems to be charged and is less than a year old and it will start with the fobs in the slot....Thanks in advance, Ray

I just changed the batt in my fob too as I was not able to get into the car.  I used the key to open the trunk and used the door release to get in. I tried to start the car and I too go the "No Key FOB" detected. I changed the batt and all was well. I did nit have to reprogram mine. I would take it to Arrowhead Caddy for them to take a look at your issue.

The most common problem is installing the battery upside down. The second most is getting batteries that are DOA. Verify they are 3.1 volts or more.  I bought some at Walmart that checked less than 2.9 and you'd think they would have such a turnover they'd all be fresh. A real fresh one will be 3.3 volts. Make sure you haven't bent the contacts when changing the battery and that the PC board is in the correct place. If you damaged the damn fragile little snaps that hold the case together, you may need to squeeze the case to get a connection.

RF interference will also cause the NO FOB DETECTED message. Your cell phone, a car charger, bad fluorescent or neon lights, an AC transformer, surveillance cameras , and several other things will cause problems. Even carrying the fob in your left pocket may be too far from the receiver.

Redhotvettte

Thanks you guys for the quick response........I had two problems, charging up my car battery and replacing the two key fob batteries...Had the charger on all night and re-examined the key fob batteries this morning......Well, as much as I hate to admit it but the key fob batteries were put  in wrong . After redoing the fobs  the car started right up and I did not have to re-program the fobs!   Thanks again!!!