New Years Day Run to Tortilla Flats... on new pavement!

JohnU

41 minutes ago, aenigma said:

I’m more than likely not coming. My car is in the shop for another week at least. I was going to take Lonnie’s but his choice of tires slide all over the place on wet roads. That wouldn’t make a good ride. I’ve been waiting for the rain to let up to see if it’s dry by morning but with the freeze warning in effect, it may not be. 

Yeah I am thinking the Cup 2's aren't really cut out for a cold wet drive and don't think the Tundra would really fit in with the rest of the group.

Don't sweat the vehicle issue.  If it'll make anyone feel better....for those who are embarrassed to drive something other then a Corvette....I'll bring a few bags that can be worn on your head.   😉

1 minute ago, JohnU said:

Don't sweat the vehicle issue.  If it'll make anyone feel better....for those who are embarrassed to drive something other then a Corvette....I'll bring a few bags that can be worn on your head.   😉

A Malibu loaner?  Eek. I can hardly stand to go down the street in it. 

Lonnies taking his truck to work in the morning just in case it seems dry enough out for me to take the Vette. 

Over-reaction on the tire thing. This is not gonna be a speedy cruise.  Earlier this year on Devil's Highway cruise it SNOWED and the Z06/Z07 Vette with cup 2's did just fine...

43 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

This is not gonna be a speedy cruise.

A motorcycle site mentioned increased patrolling since "natures speed bumps" are gone.  As the temps have gone south, the two wheel crowd is dropping out... so more room for us!

58 minutes ago, aenigma said:

A Malibu loaner?  Eek. I can hardly stand to go down the street in it. 

Okay-okay..... you can have two bags!  😉

Photo link below.  A few arrived in "metal" cars and quickly grabbed bags to hide their identities.  Here's a few teasers for you to guess who.........

Beautiful morning (if a biker can ride, we surely can drive)  Yes, Ice Cream was consumed..... why not the sun was out!  19 Aces partook in the New Year kickoff.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/htSuPeqCjkKnPysq5

IMG_7754.JPG

IMG_7755.JPG

IMG_7756.JPG

22 minutes ago, Drewstein said:

I have more but wanted to share what people were missing out on.

DJI_0010.JPG

Damm, Drewstein hacked into a satellite! 

Looks like it would have been a good time. I was going to try to attend this, it's close to my house. Unfortunately I was trapped in Payson due to road closures(this part of the state is poorly prepared to handle winter road conditions) and did not get home until close to 2 AM.

Footsam, the PDR video is cool. I really didn't think this as cool of an option as it is, I'll have to research it some more.

2 hours ago, Footsam said:

Drew, That's a cool shot. What drone do you have?

1 hour ago, Drewstein said:

I have more but wanted to share what people were missing out on.

DJI_0010.JPG

23 hours ago, 94transamgt said:

Drew, That's a cool shot. What drone do you have?

Thanks!

DJI Mavic Pro is what I have. It's pretty neat because it folds up so small.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, Drewstein said:

Thanks!

DJI Mavic Pro is what I have. It's pretty neat because it folds up so small.

I've heard that is a really cool drone, I think you can have it follow you and it will navigate around object.

My brother is on his second DJI drone, first one was taken down by a large wave near the coast. Now he flies a little more cautiously. Here is some video he did of my corvette a little over a year ago  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Ur1vB5szU 

On 1/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, 94transamgt said:

I've heard that is a really cool drone, I think you can have it follow you and it will navigate around object.

My brother is on his second DJI drone, first one was taken down by a large wave near the coast. Now he flies a little more cautiously. Here is some video he did of my corvette a little over a year ago  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Ur1vB5szU 

Nice. Yeah it will follow an object up to about 40mph. I was tempted to have it follow me through the canyon but the power lines were pretty scary.