65 LED Conversion

65sting

Bromley's Corvettes

I did LEDs on my 81 about a year ago first time I drove back from Payson at night turned them on and was like wow dam I can see all the way to Scottsdale lol

I already did tail lights, parking lights and flasher.

Now I am installing Dakota Digital HDX. Just got all the pre-wiring done.

Re-painted the gauge bezel while I was at it.

739215272_2018-12-0521_27_24.thumb.jpg.a22e69f1924c83c2d20cce1092208f14.jpg1401574768_2018-12-0307_24_11.thumb.jpg.bc646c16e6aeff550bf47fcf14064269.jpg

Good looking conversion.  Any drawbacks to going with LED?  I saw you mentioned 'fans' and wondered if the typical midyear headlight pod will hold the heat in too much.

Mike T - Prescott AZ

I was talking to a guy at Good Guys who was doing high end C2 LS builds. I asked him what he did for lights.

The fans will last longer in the C2 buckets than the fan less plus they are shallower and did not require any mods.

C3's would have more options. I tried other sets last year and the LED was too long to fit into a C2 bucket, Now they have bubs with flexible cloth like heat sinks, but the fans are the way to go.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:58 PM, 65sting said:

I already did tail lights, parking lights and flasher.

Now I am installing Dakota Digital HDX. Just got all the pre-wiring done.

Re-painted the gauge bezel while I was at it.

739215272_2018-12-0521_27_24.thumb.jpg.a22e69f1924c83c2d20cce1092208f14.jpg

This picture makes me shudder.  Peeps who tackle their wiring have my respect!!!  :thumbs

Total night and day difference. I've contimplated LED for mine but was told to get different projector lenses first otherwise I'd be blinding on coming traffic. Have you noticed any light that would cause any issues like that? Are your new lights the projector lenses?

10 hours ago, Chameleon said:

This picture makes me shudder.  Peeps who tackle their wiring have my respect!!!  :thumbs

Oh come on now It's just + & - with resistance in between

10 minutes ago, mrhusker said:

Total night and day difference. I've contimplated LED for mine but was told to get different projector lenses first otherwise I'd be blinding on coming traffic. Have you noticed any light that would cause any issues like that? Are your new lights the projector lenses?

Mark Ask Gold Cylon or his sons where they got their projectors for C4's

The lights are DOT approved lenses. I aimed the bulbs low should be no issue. Had them out only once and lights were not hitting any windows but were really lighting up signs etc. with a nice spread.

The high beam s would be blinding. They are not projector housings, they are H4 Halogen housings,

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2018 at 12:15 AM, 65sting said:

Got H4 housings and put in LED bulbs with fans. H4 plugs, just modified plug for high beams (doubt they will be needed)

LED_Conversion_01.jpg

LED_Conversion_03.jpg

LED_Conversion_04.jpg

LED_Conversion_05.jpg

LED_Conversion_06.jpg

Where are these available?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've got a set of Dapper's I'll be putting in my car (if I ever get her back from paint/body!)  Should be YUGE improvement over the stock ones!

• Upvote 1