trouble shooting a no start situation, pump relay ????

JohnJ

whats happening all, new guy here from MD, so take it easy on me lol.. Just scooped up a low mile 93, upon purchase I knew the car didnt run as it was sitting for some time ( 4 years).. Anywhoo, the fuel pump did not prime so the car would not start on its own.. I have had the car running via fuel spray bottle so i know it runs.. I have checked all fuses, both inside and out side of the car. Installed a new oem fuel pump.. i am not getting any juice to the pump, can only assume it is the fuel pump relay ??.. My question is where is this at ? i have read, cant get a solid answer and do not want to tear apart any thing that is not needed.. Also not getting any type of door chimes when the doors open and key is on.. so not sure if that could be part of the issue either.. I am plenty capable of doing the job, just need some direction.. thanks in advance.  John in MD

Bump, would a low battery cause this ? Not sure how sensitive the ecm/pcm are in these cars, Never had a issue with a low battery causing a pump not to get any power.. Anyone ? Also where is the fuel pump relay ? Is it in the dash board ?

How's your oil pressure? Not sure on a C4 but if the computer doesn't see oil pressure or if the circuit is open  I believe it will kill power to the fuel pump 

On 11/26/2018 at 10:30 PM, TheCMSH said:

How's your oil pressure? Not sure on a C4 but if the computer doesn't see oil pressure or if the circuit is open  I believe it will kill power to the fuel pump 

I have managed to find the location of the fuel pump relay under the passenger side dash ( hush ) panel. Working ( clicking like it should.. Been a little bit as its cold and raining out, havnt had a chance to get the car inside.. Anyway oil pressure is great when I crank it, you are correct. From reading it should bypass the relay when the pressure is good. It will crank 40 plus lbs when cranking after a few seconds.. Im not sure whats going on, but some one is gonna get a good deal on a c4 soon. Im about done with it lol.