I know it’s not a Vette but.....

aenigma

8 hours ago, JohnU said:

Quick Jack?

One thing they fail to mention unless you get deep into the operating instructions is:

There needs to be a height gap between the jack and the lifting point in order for the QJ to get enough mechanical advantage to function.  If it is near touching (low cars), it will not be able to lift your car.  The minimum starting height is 3.5" for 5000lb unit and 4" for the 7000lb unit.  This could make it challenging for lowered cars. 

10 hours ago, JohnU said:

Quick Jack?

Yes. Except I can’t see that anchor holding all that car. I’m sure it’s fine, but a little piece of metal in a groove does not make me want to get under there. 

1 hour ago, NRS said:

One thing they fail to mention unless you get deep into the operating instructions is:

There needs to be a height gap between the jack and the lifting point in order for the QJ to get enough mechanical advantage to function.  If it is near touching (low cars), it will not be able to lift your car.  The minimum starting height is 3.5" for 5000lb unit and 4" for the 7000lb unit.  This could make it challenging for lowered cars. 

I just sent your post to Lonnie. Interesting. 

I’ve been using the 7000 pound version for the last few years,and had zero problems.

It worked flawlessly lifting my wifes lowered Challenger R/T,and it would barely fit under the car.

Not the easiest thing to lug around as they are pretty stout,but does what I need it to do.

You do have to allow room for it to swing as it lifts.

Very sharp edition to your new garage, congrats :cheers 

On a side note, I use one of these Quick Jacks all the time to get under the vette, but I still put jack stands under it also.

What man makes god will brake, . 

3 hours ago, y2krtaf said:

I’ve been using the 7000 pound version for the last few years,and had zero problems.

It worked flawlessly lifting my wifes lowered Challenger R/T,and it would barely fit under the car.

Not the easiest thing to lug around as they are pretty stout,but does what I need it to do.

You do have to allow room for it to swing as it lifts.

According to the Quick Jack instructions, you need some clearance.  It may work for you, but it is not as intended.

D - How to Measure Ground Clearance

• Measure the distance between the ground and a lifting point. This is your Ground Clearance measurement (Measurement D).

Keep in mind that there must be some space between QuickJack and your vehicle’s lifting points. If a collapsed QuickJack is pressed flush against your car, it will be unable to generate enough force to lift the vehicle.

Determining the Right QuickJack Model

Now that you have all the measurements to determine which QuickJack Car Lift will work with you vehicle, use the chart below.

A - Curb Weight B - Tire Spread C - Lifting Point Spread D - Ground Clearance Recommended Model
≤ 3,500-lbs. ≥ 62” 26.7” – 50.5” ≥ 3.5” BL-3500SLX
≤ 5,000-lbs. ≥ 70” 29.5” – 60” ≥ 3.5” BL-5000SLX
≤ 7,000-lbs. ≥ 71” 29.5” – 60” ≥ 4” BL-7000SLX
≤ 5,000-lbs. ≥ 75” 37.4” – 66” ≥ 3.5” BL-5000EXT
≤ 7,000-lbs. ≥ 76” 37.4” – 66” ≥ 4” BL-7000EXT
≤ 6,000-lbs. ≥ 86” 47.4” – 75.8” ≥ 4” BL-6000XLT

On 11/27/2018 at 11:43 AM, aenigma said:

We’ve oddly decided to forgo the lift completely. I think we’re going to get rollers to move them around and a hoist - you’ll have to ask Lonnie what that is 😃

You do know that you can park cars under them or on them, even when the lift isn't needed. Better to have a lift for when you need it, than to need one and not have it.

PP8S_Main__28593.1373664304.jpg

It’s just getting so full and complicated in there.  Maybe when our backs get sore repairing stuff, we’ll remember why we wanted one in the first place. I’m sure that’ll happen. 

I drove it finally yesterday. 

When i I drive my vette,  I feel in control. I sit in the cockpit of my baby and we move as one. 

When i drive the viper, nobody’s in control. I sit so high and forward, I feel like I’m sitting on the hood. The gas petal is too close and the clutch is too far. 

What a screwy set up. Not comfortable at all. 

Lonnie is lowering the seat and going to put a block on the clutch to give us the feel that it’s hitting something. It doesn’t need to be depressed all the way down but my old habit is the clutch needs to touch the floor. 

Nothing can be done about all of the pedals not being centered with the seat. That’ll take getting used to. 

He hates the sound, so a different muffler is being ordered. You’d think a 10 cylinder wouldn’t sound like a 4 w/turbo. 

It does not feel like an American car. I’d have guessed German. 

Different wheels came in today. Window tint, windshield protection and a couple stripes and I think we’ll be good. 

1 hour ago, aenigma said:

He hates the sound, so a different muffler is being ordered. You’d think a 10 cylinder wouldn’t sound like a 4 w/turbo. 

I thought I was the only one thinking that! 

• Haha 1

It’s a dodge, what did you expect ???

Bur hey, at least you can tell everyone you own a clown shoe.

You can move the pedals with the adjustment knob and if you pull the under dash panel you can move them individually more. A gen ii is not for everyone. You either love it or hate it, give it time and if you still don't like it get a gen iii. They are more "civilized" 

42 minutes ago, joe@cpr.com said:

You can move the pedals with the adjustment knob and if you pull the under dash panel you can move them individually more. A gen ii is not for everyone. You either love it or hate it, give it time and if you still don't like it get a gen iii. They are more "civilized" 

Lonnie knows about the knob, but is going to check the panel, thanks.  

The clutch petal is so deep.  The car shifts so smooth, way smoother than my C5 did, with barely pushing on the clutch. I think it’s a matter of getting used to, along with the fact that the petals are all to the left. I kept using the gas instead of the brake trying to navigate out the garage when I first drove it. It was a little scary and “girl like” to do, lol.  That’s when I got frustrated. 

I really think my major issue is how high it sits. Did you see online how many people have complained about the price of seat lowering kits? The seat height must bother a lot of people. I’m short and felt like I was near the ceiling.  I think once the seat is lowered, it’s going to feel a lot more natural. 

Well, I guess I'm going to be the only one that's going to say this. But "I'm sorry!!!" I'm one of those that just can't get use to them. I'm sure you will enjoy it for a long time though so don't listen to me or pay attention to my comment. Wait, you can't un-read something so that won't work either. Look at my swinging watch....I wasn't here.....you didn't see or read anything from me.....

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hiperf406 said:

I would not be under a car on that thing without a set of jackstands. Over board I know.

You and me both.  I know of a couple guys who had cars fall on them.