velo-ct

Who's racing with me Mondo track 11/23?

velo-ct

I love the smell of brake dust in the morning, it smells like...Victory!

Weather is awesome its time to go road racing so I was wondering who is planning on being there? 

The event registration just opened today here is the link, green group is where you want to be if you are comfortable passing anywhere.  Insurance is available by the day, if you have no experience just sign up for the school.  One  day on the track will open your eyes and your only regret will be that you waited so long to learn to drive at speed.

http://www.new.proautosports.com/

Its a 3 day event at wild horse pass utilizing the Main+Bondurant=Mondo.  I'll be there on Friday the 23rd if anybody here is interested in road racing come on out and find me!   I teased some big  dogs off the porch to come spar with me but it would be nice to see some Vettes show up.  See you there!

Frank

15219514_1210459879012218_5755157461551225438_n.jpg

SLAMMER

I’ve been there and done that!

It bacame very expensive what with $600 brake pads, $1,400 R compound tires

$1,600 2 pcs rotors yearly costs not to even touch on modifications and repairs as well as fluid changes

Oh sure,.....

it started out cheep enough. 

And it was addictive!

And I did love the competitive nature of the Green group. 

But it just ended up costing way too much

Mondo was my favorite track set up at wild Horse 

If you get the chance at Inde motor sports ranch in Wilcox make sure to sign up for that both configurations are fun but the fastest Track set up is most challenging at speed 140 down the straight away right sweeper and up hill reaching 120 ish then over the blind hill apply the brakes HARD and make the 90 degree right turn

if you can!

FUN!

Be Safe!!

SLAMMER😎

velo-ct

I'll miss chasing you around Slammer and thanks for the rotors, I burned them up for you. 

I tried to give it up...I tried to forget...I couldn't.       

I reflected, repented and rebuilt, now I am back for more WHO'S with me?   

Even if you are not running there will be some serious machines to see and they run hard.  Its a better show than the usual static displays.

android

count me in, I wouldn't miss it!

Andy

East1.jpg

velo-ct

Awesome Andy,  I look forward to meeting you and I hope you are bringing that custom tube whatchamacallit, my geeks will go wild.

Chameleon

I haven't been to Wild Horse since some idiot wiped out the right side of my '08 Vert on the West track.  Never had a chance to run Mondo so I might come out just to spectate...

velo-ct

chameleon

I am sorry to hear that you got hit, was that with pro auto sports or another club.?   west track is a waste of time it’s too tiny no room for passing mondo has literally miles of track to spread out on you will like it better.  

Chameleon
13 hours ago, velo-ct said:

chameleon

I am sorry to hear that you got hit, was that with pro auto sports or another club.?   west track is a waste of time it’s too tiny no room for passing mondo has literally miles of track to spread out on you will like it better.  

I am familiar with Mondo, just have never driven it.

I got hit in Pro Auto, Orange Group.  Just past the entrance from the pits where the track goes right before the two lefts onto the straight.  When I turned right into that corner, the guy behind me drove straight into the right side of my Vette.  If I hadn't been there, the line he was driving would have taken him right out into the dirt on the left side of the track.  It was his first session in Orange.  I heard later from the guys in Red Group that he was an arrogant jerk and they were glad when he left Red to move up to Orange.  Obviously I wasn't glad.  $10K+ worth of damage to my car.  I had a GoPro running my my car, and the guy behind the guy that hit me had a GoPro, so it was really clear what happened.   After that I ran at AMP and Inde a few times.  I LOVE Inde.  Unfortunately, my car was never the same after that accident and I eventually got rid of it.  Haven't raced since.  Too spendy, I'm retired now and can't afford it. :(

az57chevy
4 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I am familiar with Mondo, just have never driven it.

I got hit in Pro Auto, Orange Group.  Just past the entrance from the pits where the track goes right before the two lefts onto the straight.  When I turned right into that corner, the guy behind me drove straight into the right side of my Vette.  If I hadn't been there, the line he was driving would have taken him right out into the dirt on the left side of the track.  It was his first session in Orange.  I heard later from the guys in Red Group that he was an arrogant jerk and they were glad when he left Red to move up to Orange.  Obviously I wasn't glad.  $10K+ worth of damage to my car.  I had a GoPro running my my car, and the guy behind the guy that hit me had a GoPro, so it was really clear what happened.   After that I ran at AMP and Inde a few times.  I LOVE Inde.  Unfortunately, my car was never the same after that accident and I eventually got rid of it.  Haven't raced since.  Too spendy, I'm retired now and can't afford it. :(

Curious ---- Did the other driver pay for your damages?

Azmotorhead

Unfortunately 1 We will be at the dunes again for Thanksgiving and 2 My track car is not completed yet.

Soon but not soon enough

Chameleon
6 hours ago, az57chevy said:

Curious ---- Did the other driver pay for your damages?

Yes.