Traction/Active Handling Light

NateFamilyofFun

NateFamilyofFun

I've read a fair amount on forums and content about the active handling warming up issue, but wanted to pose the question again before I started to really dive into it.

Upon driving the car a few hundred feet or so the Traction/Active Handling Warming up prompt on the DIC comes up and stays that way until it then shows service active handling/service vehicle soon.

Some History: Just purchased my 99 C5 and the previous owner says he just replaced the harmonic balancer and the issue started happening. The issue didn't occur before he did that replacement and I just got an alignment done a couple days ago and now drives straight with the steering wheel aligned also the vehicle has gone through a few on/off drive cycles since the alignment.

Beauty of the C5 is you can pull up the trouble codes right from the Digital Information Center (DIC......always listen to your DIC) control on the dash. Do a Google search for "pulling trouble codes on C5 Corvette" or check your owners manual if you have it. Probably YouTube videos on the subject as well

Reset and clear your trouble codes first, There are probably a bunch on there and a good portion will be history codes, so clear and reset the deck as it were. Then start the car, drive it, see what codes come back. Post up the codes here and we can help

Food for thought:  check your battery terminal connections. They should've disconnected the battery when they replacement the balancer. It could be that easy, these cars are persnickety about electrical 

NateFamilyofFun

Cleared all the codes, there were a lot in the with the H (which I've read stands for History) and some have C next to them (do you know if that means current?). 

Codes that come back:

A6-SCM B2860 H C

99-HVAC B0361 H C (This one didn't actually clear when I tried to reset like all the others)

Battery Terminal Connections are solid. 

C is current and H is historical

I haven't dig into those particular codes, so this is all I can offer at the moment. 

• Like 1

Check this out:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/1029491-dic-code-scm-b2860-h-and-c-i-fixed-it.html

I think the other code is for you AC actuators, the pre 2001 cars have issues with the teeth of the internal gears breaking off and they don't fully operate 

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/2845575-havc-code-what-is-it-b0361.html

• Like 1

I’ll bet someone at the Geezer lunch could probably diagnose the problem for you...lol! 

Just busting your balls! 

• Like 1