Lunch for the younger Corvette generations

NateFamilyofFun

NateFamilyofFun

Since I see a Geezer lunch on the calendar, how about a lunch for us younger Generation Corvette Enthusiast? Anyone else out there?

ACE Young Punk Lunch (Anybody and Everyone please come!!).

Portillo's Hot Dogs

65 S McClintock Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281

(Tempe Marketplace)

December 1st, 2018 11:00am - 1:00pm

NateFamilyofFun

I would first like to prefix this with that I have the utmost respect for my elder generation, the knowledge and wisdom that they contain is incomparable sometimes and I hope to gain some of that knowledge as I start my Corvette ownership journey. 

That being said you got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky punk? Well make my day... I'll say under 35?

I’m not sure of the demographics but most folks here didn’t get their Corvette until later in life. Family needs etc.....

Just set up a time for a lunch & post it up a few weeks in advance and see who attends. 

Were not all in bed by 9 PM and wear depends. 

SLAMMER 😎

56 years on this rock

20 minutes ago, SLAMMER said:

I’m not sure of the demographics but most folks here didn’t get their Corvette until later in life. Family needs etc.....

Just set up a time for a lunch & post it up a few weeks in advance and see who attends. 

Were not all in bed by 9 PM and wear depends. 

SLAMMER 😎

56 years on this rock

So why can't you be leader of the pack young man ... would ge good training for a future geezer.

14 hours ago, NateNavyBlueC5 said:

Since I see a Geezer lunch on the calendar, how about a lunch for us younger Generation Corvette Enthusiast? Anyone else out there?

:nicethread:

I strongly encourage you to set up a lunch.  I think an "ACE Young Punk Lunch" is a great idea!  :ACE:

Also, please know that all ACEholes are welcome at the geezer lunch, regardless of age.  If you're not a geezer now, likely some year you will be! :P

NateFamilyofFun

Portillo's Hot Dogs

(Tempe Marketplace)

6 hours ago, Chameleon said:

:nicethread:

I strongly encourage you to set up a lunch.  I think an "ACE Young Punk Lunch" is a great idea!  :ACE:

Also, please know that all ACEholes are welcome at the geezer lunch, regardless of age.  If you're not a geezer now, likely some year you will be! :P

How would I add this to the event Calendar so more could see?

Portillo's Hot Dogs

(Tempe Marketplace)

Go to the event calendar on here and click the day and add the event.  We typically put the link to the (this) event thread and let people freely RSVP just for headcount and let folks see what other friends might be going. Check and existing calendar event as a generic example. I see you already put it in the Facebook events and that's a great start too!

Nate,  I have copied the lunch location/time information into your first post in this thread, so people will see that right away.

Thanks for stepping up to create an event for this bunch!  :ACE:

And, I am IN for this lunch. . .

Im all over this. Gotta get the italian beef "DIPPED" with sweet peppers. One of the best sandwiches ive ever had. Everything they have is great though. Try the shakes as well. Great choice.

Bromley's Corvettes

Thats just down the street from my shop you should stop by for a tour after lunch. That way you wont be in a rush to get to lunch and you can look at lots of nice Corvettes for desert:) We will have warm cookies for everyone:) 

NateFamilyofFun
1 minute ago, Chameleon said:

Never been there, but just looked at their menu online.  Their hot dogs look awesome.  YUM!

They have really yummy food! Good ole Chicago style Beef as well!

This will work out nice, Cars and Coffee in the morning then off to lunch with young people.......:lol

Michele and I are in. 

Will there be a meet up point or just show up for lunch at appointed time.?

Speaking of Cars and Coffee, is there a reason we don't post this event on our calendar every month?

NateFamilyofFun
4 minutes ago, SixAddict said:

This will work out nice, Cars and Coffee in the morning then off to lunch with young people.......:lol

Michele and I are in. 

I was thinking show up for lunch at the appointed time, and park next to all the other corvettes lol I'll be around in my Corvette hat and my C7Z shirt

1 hour ago, NateNavyBlueC5 said:

I was thinking show up for lunch at the appointed time, and park next to all the other corvettes lol I'll be around in my Corvette hat and my C7Z shirt

Sounds good.

4 hours ago, SixAddict said:

^^^ feel free to suggest/post up a meet point from your side of town.  I know those of us on the west side will probably meet up to run over to Tempe as a group. . .

4 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Speaking of Cars and Coffee, is there a reason we don't post this event on our calendar every month?

It was an oversight.  I have now added it to the forum calendar.  It's there for December, not sure how it will work in subsequent months, whether it will show repeating on the 1st Saturday, or just the date of January 1st.  Our calendar has some limitations. . .  

16 hours ago, Chameleon said:

It was an oversight.  I have now added it to the forum calendar.  It's there for December, not sure how it will work in subsequent months, whether it will show repeating on the 1st Saturday, or just the date of January 1st.  Our calendar has some limitations. . .  

Nice. Thanks.

If anyone else is going to Cars and Coffee first, give a shout out and from there we can head to lunch.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 10:55 AM, NateNavyBlueC5 said:

So is "the appointed time" 11:00 or any time between 11:00 and 1:00 or did you mean start at 11:00 and end at 1:00?

I never show up too early, but would be a bit disappointed to show up at 12:00 just to watch everyone leaving.

This group habitually starts showing up 30-45 minutes prior to a designated time for lunch and then leaves within 5 minutes after swallowing the last bite.

It's nearly the opposite of the geezer lunch, where we hang around for an hour after eating to see if we need a second potty break before heading out the door.

NateFamilyofFun
1 hour ago, HOXXOH said:

So is "the appointed time" 11:00 or any time between 11:00 and 1:00 or did you mean start at 11:00 and end at 1:00?

I never show up too early, but would be a bit disappointed to show up at 12:00 just to watch everyone leaving.

This group habitually starts showing up 30-45 minutes prior to a designated time for lunch and then leaves within 5 minutes after swallowing the last bite.

It's nearly the opposite of the geezer lunch, where we hang around for an hour after eating to see if we need a second potty break before heading out the door.

It would be at 11. I meant start at 11:00 and end around 1:00ish.

Well I've never been and excited so we'll see! I don't know.