Need to replace the harmonic balancer - LS3

I had my 2011 GS A6 inspected before deciding to go forward with selling. Glad I did as there are no symptoms but the harmonic balancer is wobbly.

I have seen pricing all over the board on this job. Anybody with pricing or shop suggestions, please? I am selling the car but want to be sure it is done right for a new owner without wasting my money.

Thanks all,

Chris

I would contact Joe at Cordes Performance Racing he is a vendor on here. I just had some work done there and was very pleased .

Corded would do a great job. For comparison I’d call Joe at Classic Gold. Both are quality shops.  

Classic Gold

305 S Rockford
Tempe AZ

(480) 967-2521

If you have an extended warranty you can get it fixed at the dealership ours was fixed for free on a bulletin issued by GM.

Also you can have the VIN run and see if there was a recall issued on your car for that problem....👍

Not sure if you're on Facebook or not, but if you are search for Corvette Mechanic's page. Yes pretty much one of the top Corvette techs in the country. He is actually recommending a Summit Racing part as a replacement over the GM

Although Summit Racing sells several versions/brands of balancers for a C6, don't be tricked by the price difference between a Powerbond  PB1117N and a PB1117SS. The "N" is really no better than OEM, while the "SS" is a different style of construction and is SFI certified to withstand rigorous racing and high HP conditions. For the extra price, you get a lifetime product vs an unknown time before the next failure. Also check other suppliers, such as Hinson, for the exact same product, since prices and shipping vary between suppliers.

There's a bigger price difference for professional installation than for the product. Check to see how many a shop has done, since their volume has created their time and pricing structure. If you are a DIYer, divide the price by 50 to get an idea of the hours you'll be working. Multiply the hours by your age minus 50 to find the additional percentage of time needed. (age 64 becomes a factor of 1.14) Keep in mind that'd be actual working time, not to include beer breaks, time to let the pain meds start, or lie down resting under the car.

• Upvote 1

You guys are awesome. I don't have a lift so as much as I own tools and enjoy wrenching that DIY is out. I will purchase the better part PB and that heads up is awesome, thank-you!! I still have not settled on a shop. Every shop seems to be down South so have to hassle with Taxi home, Taxi back to get car plus the traffic. SMH.

• 1 month later...

I was fortunate enough to be introduced to AZmotorhead, Phil, and he was kind enough to install my Powerbond (SS version as suggested) Harmonic Balancer. Deeply appreciate the quick turnaround time and a great price. Thank-you Phil, can't say enough good things about the experience and you earned another customer here.

3 hours ago, Azmotorhead said:

You're welcome Chris.

Just happy your car isnt RED

If I let my car get real dirty, like brown, could you reset something with your tech2, or do you have blue sunglasses to make it look purple?

Just kidding, but I do need to fix a software problem that my HP Tuners can't access.