HOXXOH

Hey GrumpyC7, want 9 sec 1/4's?

HOXXOH

Apparently it doesn't take internal or highly visible mods to go 9's in the quarter. Just use my drag radials plus this stuff and you're good to go.

Eileen & the dealer won't know. :hide:

15 Z06 A8
Only Mods are:

-IW 18% lower pulley
-AFE CAI
-HorsePowerAddicts tuning
-Corsa Mid pipe
-17/18 wheel setup
-93/109 fuel mix

Other wise stock. Yes stock heads, cam, blower, ect. STOCK exhaust manifolds and cats. 

9.814@141mph

SixAddict

Very impressive sir....:cheers  

joe@cpr.com

Mind you that's in amazing da. We went 9.8@141 in 5800 da in Tucson with bolt on's 😉 

HOXXOH
On 10/8/2018 at 9:49 PM, joe@cpr.com said:

Mind you that's in amazing da. We went 9.8@141 in 5800 da in Tucson with bolt on's 😉 

Maybe I'm confused, but a 9.8 @ 141 in 5800' DA corrects to 9.497 @ 145.37 at sea level and that car only needed bolt-ons.

Your CA customer's 9.492 @ 144.40 in 1400' DA corrects to 9.449 @ 145.06 at sea level, yet that car additionally had heads, cam, and ported blower.

Are you saying the head/cam/porting only improved ET by .048 or is the "amazing da" on the one I told GrumpyC7 about, not really a factor, since 0 DA would still correct to 9.814 @ 141?

I'm trying to keep in mind that it only takes an extra 2.5 pounds of pressure to compensate for 5000 feet of elevation.

joe@cpr.com

the tucson one is nic's. it's lower, intake, headers, maggie 2.3, our cooling parts, meth, e50. He is pushing the absolute limit of the fuel system hence the not large gap mph between the two. nic's made 730 corrected and the 9.49 made 780 corrected. So that's why it's not a massive difference. got quite a few max'd out maggie cars with a cam running hard, one in vegas that went 9.55 @148 in 5900 da made 830 rwhp. 

HOXXOH
5 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

the tucson one is nic's. it's lower, intake, headers, maggie 2.3, our cooling parts, meth, e50. He is pushing the absolute limit of the fuel system hence the not large gap mph between the two. nic's made 730 corrected and the 9.49 made 780 corrected. So that's why it's not a massive difference. got quite a few max'd out maggie cars with a cam running hard, one in vegas that went 9.55 @148 in 5900 da made 830 rwhp. 

It's not making sense due to the extra 50 whp only gaining a .048 ET advantage and loosing mph in the process. Why go internals for no real gain?

Are you also saying you can't get GrumpyC7's car into the 9's using the same stuff that the guy who went 9.81 @141 had used? The whole point was to do it without highly visible mods and retain the stock cam, heads, blower, exhaust system, and cats. Fuel, tires/wheels, tune, and even a CAI can be returned to stock in mere minutes when not at the track. The only other mods are the mid-pipe and pulley which might take another hour or two to replace with OEM parts. The plan was to take a couple hours to prep the car, run at WHP, then return it to stock the next morning on a weekend when the wife was out of town. :lol

joe@cpr.com

Come on tom you know peak numbers don't tell the whole story. The 2.3 carries out the power much further than the 1.7 falling off up top. 

I will say this that setup you listed above isn't going 9's in AZ that's for sure. 

HOXXOH
1 hour ago, joe@cpr.com said:

I will say this that setup you listed above isn't going 9's in AZ that's for sure. 

That's the same thing people told me after I ran 10's in CA, that I couldn't do it in AZ, since the only other LS3 bolt-on cars to run 10's were in FL and TX with negative DA, yet I've done it on multiple occasions at both WHP and Speedworld. Never say never.

Bromley's Corvettes

Tom good job on making shore no one will ever want to post any details on hear. 

Chameleon
36 minutes ago, Bromley's Corvettes said:

Tom good job on making shore no one will ever want to post any details on hear. 

Don't you mean Joe?  :lol