ACE April Update

BSeery

Howdy All !!!

165 names -- that's a long list.

That is how many people this e-mail list goes out to. 165 members. 165 Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts.

Some of you have been on the e-mail list since Jack Hammit started having Corvette Saturday in his garage in Scottsdale. Back then it was an excuse to get out of the house, drive the Vette and maybe do some work on your car or help someone with their work. Mainly it was an excuse to get out of the house and drive the Vette.

Jack sold his place and moved out to the country and that group kind of fell away for a while. They still kept in touch, and did some work here and there, but not much was going on.

Then some how a few cruises were getting organized. Cruises to Jerome, Cottonwood, Flagstaff. Runs up to Payson, Strawberry and Prescott. More Vette owners joined in and the cruises got more and more attention. We did the first Gila Bend BBQ run in February 2002 and that has turned into a very good sized event. The Topless Cruise in June has also picked up some extra people, especially last year with the Tucson Corvette club joining in. Two poker runs for the Brain Aneurysm Foundation have raised over $2500 in funds for that group.

It's nice to see that what started A.C.E. back so many years ago has evolved into what is most likely Arizona's largest non-NCCC based Corvette group. 165 members.

What all this rambling is leading up to is a simple request. We would like to hear from the members about what they would like to do with their free time and their Corvettes. The cruises we know go over pretty well, but it seems to be the same 20 - 30 people at each event. What do the other 130 of you want to do?

Let us know by posting at our forums at http://ArizonaVette.net . It's free to use, so feel free to use it. Let us know what you would like to do and see. Let us know about the work you are doing on your Vette to make it better, faster, and more interesting. Post in off topic to share jokes, comments, or ask questions. Let us know what you have for sale or what you want to buy. But most of all, post what activities you want to do. Please don't leave it to 5-10 people to always come up with the plans. Toss in your ideas or come up with an event of your own, or even let us know about events that we haven't heard of yet.

So, with all that said, lets get to the events:

April --- not too much going on Vette wise.

Bryan Seery (me) is hosting Corvette Saturday at his place in Chandler. Yeah, it's a thin attempt to get people to help him work on his car, but he always returns the favor. If you just want to get out of the house and stop buy and BS with the rest of us, feel free to do so. Remember, Corvette Saturdays is how this all started. This is going on Saturday April 9th, 16th and 23rd. http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?a...ent&eventid=106

Other than that, there are a couple open car shows, and the information is here --- http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?act=calendar

May 7th - for the second year in row we will be cruising to Keith and Kelly Ayotte's place in Camp Verde for a BBQ. We leave from around the 202 and Country Club, and from Fountain Hills and cruise up to Payson, and then over to the Camp Verde area. Information can be found at http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=229 - please go their to RSVP.

May 21st - We will be cruising to Pinetop / Show Low Arizona for lunch at Johnny Angles. Those that went last year absolutely loved the drive so we are doing it again. We leave from the Arizona Mills and drive through Superior, Miami, Globe and then up the Salt River Canyon to Show Low. Lunch in Pine top at a 50's themed diner called Johnny Angles and then a cruise back home. Last year the return route went through Heber, over to Payson and back through Fountain Hills. Maybe supper could be at the Split Window Diner ????

May 26th - May 29th is the Corvette Forum Cruise In at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY.

Closer to home, May 29th, Glen is hosting a Memorial day BBQ at his place in Chandler. See http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1049120 for all the information and to RSVP.

June 2nd - 5th is the Corvette 'n' America Road Tour in Flagstaff, http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?a...vent&eventid=71 for more information.

And last - June 11th is the 3rd running of the Topless Cruise. Details to come. I am taking suggestions for where you would like to go this year.

As always, ACE members can be found at the Pavilions Car show each Saturday afternoon / evening. Just ask around and you will find us there.

So, don't forget to join us on the forums at Arizona Vette Net and let us know what you want to do for events and don't forget to join us at one of the many upcoming events.

Bryan C. Seery ArizonaVette.Net

Chandler, AZ

Email: Bryan@ArizonaVette.Net

Mobile: 480-220-2484

Home: 480-857-8391

3,503 lbs of trouble
And last - June 11th is the 3rd running of the Topless Cruise. Details to come. I am taking suggestions for where you would like to go this year.

Dan,

thanks for the suggestion, but I think Houston may be a bit too far.

Maybe next time.

:rolf

Looks like I'm out. I'll be in Houston at the DeLorean Motor Company Open House.

Remember to take 6oz..... I mean a six pack of

cocacola_logo.gif

John gave a whole new meaning to a "Houston trip".

I thought they went out of business after the entrapment??? :smilelol: :smilelol:

The FBI could F'Up a wet dream.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Looks like I'm out. I'll be in Houston at the DeLorean Motor Company Open House.

I thought they went out of business after the entrapment???