Took my GTR to No Fly Zone, finally got the video up!

Drewstein

Some of you know I replaced the many vettes with a GTR, here's it in action.

Mods are Bolt on plus E85 flex fuel setup.

• Thanks 1

Very nice, Drew!  What was your top speed?

7 hours ago, 1 Sik GS said:

Damn!! looks like fun!

If you haven't been to a No Fly event, it's definitely worth experiencing at least once!  

On 8/14/2018 at 11:40 AM, Ted Y said:

Nice video! That green Hellcat must be a monster...

Yeah you can see he has 1000hp written on it, pretty fast Cat.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, Chameleon said:

Very nice, Drew!  What was your top speed?

If you haven't been to a No Fly event, it's definitely worth experiencing at least once!  

Thanks! I had 2 top speeds, rolling from the back and standing cone to cone.

Rolling was 168mph and standing was 162mph.

I agree taking the car out there is the best deal going. I have a fist full of passes and I took a lot of breaks too. The other smart move is to bring a helmet and pay the $10 to enter and ride in all of our cars. I gave a lot of rides that day as well, probably should have charged them lol.

2 hours ago, Drewstein said:

Thanks! I had 2 top speeds, rolling from the back and standing cone to cone.

Rolling was 168mph and standing was 162mph.

:thumbs

That beats my best rolling time when I went in my 2008 vert by 21 MPH (hangs head in shame. . .)  :smilelol

On 8/21/2018 at 7:58 PM, Chameleon said:

:thumbs

That beats my best rolling time when I went in my 2008 vert by 21 MPH (hangs head in shame. . .)  :smilelol

Thanks, it's a modded car though so the comparison isn't apples/apples though. Plus AWD just mashes out without traction worries. It's really point and click.

Guest badbobs95

You could have done better if you weren't so big!! That week I had your car, I got it up to 175 no sweat! Hahahahahaha. 😂

Now I've lost 45 lbs I could do even better. :cheers  Oh how I love that car. 

Bad Bob at it again. When you said you air dry the car you weren't kidding! 

I'm not going to make the October event but hopefully some of you Ace-Holes make it and get some video to share. The week after is SCT so hopefully some of us will be there though.

Stupid question but I’ve never done the rolling half mile.

Do you get faster times manually shifting a paddle shift auto C7 or just A couple of gear shift into drive

12 hours ago, 1jester said:

Do you get faster times manually shifting a paddle shift auto C7 or just A couple of gear shift into drive

Suggestion:  Attend the next No Fly event, try it both ways in your C7, and then you'll know!  :burnout

DAmn, Drew....didn't know you got a GTR but I've been out of the loop all year too.

I was hoping to make the October 2018 NFZ, but not sure I'll be ready.

I'm hoping to sneak into the 170 zone standing start next time I get to an event.

40 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

:eek    OMG!  Victor posted!   :howdy

Funny I was thinking the same thing!!

VICTOR WHO?

SLAMMER😎

LOL Wassup everyone ????

Hopefully I'll be rolling again in late October early November so I can come back out and play !!!!!

On 8/30/2018 at 5:46 AM, FNBADAZ06 said:

LOL Wassup everyone ????

Hopefully I'll be rolling again in late October early November so I can come back out and play !!!!!

Yo buddy. I ended up getting a GTR over a ZR1 to try something different and it's been really fun so far. That AWD makes things very different. I won't be making the event on the 13th but if I'm lucky they won't schedule the next one when I already have plans. I will have the TA at SCT on the 20th though. CPR may take my TA to No Fly to dial it in as well.

On 8/28/2018 at 7:06 PM, 1jester said:

If you're starting from a roll I imagine it'll be faster to start in manual and let it auto shift from there but it would be interesting to find out for yourself. I made a ton of passes out there while still taking many breaks so you'll definitely get your money's worth.