AC Leak Sealant

az57chevy

My son's Camry has a leak in the evaporator, which would require removing the entire dash to replace.  The last Freon recharge had only lasted two weeks. Has anybody had experience with a sealant like this one called Red Angel  ?  Seems like it would be worth the chance if it would let the AC last thru the season.  Its an older (2007) Camry so hard to justify a $1,000+ repair bill for it

AC in cars is Highly over rated!!

any short cut comes with some down sides. 

Think of it like your blood stream and you can clot a severe gash with a super drug. 

But it could clot other smaller areas that need blood flow. 

Its worth the risk if you need AC and don’t or can’t justify the cost of replacing the leaking part. 

Just my unprofessional opinion 

but I was in your similar position and replaced the parts. Though not as difficult to get at the part. But someone much wiser than I suggested that a short cut is just that!

Good Luck!!

SLAMMER😎

3 more recharges at 2 weeks each, will be nearly enough to get to cooler weather. As an alternate, maybe it's time your son learns how to fix things that are important to him. Assuming he lives at your home, it could be a father/son bonding moment. :yesnod

:)  Son moved out long ago and now has wifey and two kids. But Poppa has more free time to run his errands  Did one can today and will see if it holds up. Probably add another can tomorrow to build up the charge. The advantage of hiim working two miles from me and living ten minutes away!

Pay to fix it,will be worth it in the long run. Even if they decide to get rid of it down the road it will aid in the sale.

Bandaid fixes usually wind up doing more harm than good...

• Like 1