C7 Service - Need a Shop!

German

I'm getting frustrated trying to get service for my C7. I do my own oil changes, but other things, I need a shop. I took it to Van Chevrolet for a software upgrade and they damaged my dash - done with them. I need transmission and differential fluid changes, so I visited Classic Gld in Tempe, made an appointment for today (did this last week). I took the day off, showed up at 8:00 and they were totally unprepared. After waiting half an hour it became obvious they hadn't gotten the fluids and asked me to leave the car (I live 14 miles away). Done with them.

I'm going to sell this thing if I can't get it serviced reliably. Any suggestions?

Stay far away from Van's, had very bad experience also. I'm surprised classic gold did that to you. I'm still looking for some one as well, so far I've been able to do a lot myself. Good luck German. 

Really surprised to hear that about Classic Gold as well.  Hell, they usually offer me a loaner so I don't have to sit there.  Now, their loaner is not the best transport, but at least they offered it.  Everyone has bad days, I'd be surprised if they wouldn't want to bend over backwards to make that better

Bromley's Corvettes

We service all years of vettes everyday. We stock a lot of filters and oils and lubes. Can get anything in an hour or so if not on the shelf:) All we do is vettes live breath eat sleep vettes:)

First question why are you changing those fluids on a C7?  Next question what shop would have your vehicle done in half an hour?  As Commish said they’ve offered loaners in the past. If it upsets you to drive 14 miles for top notch service I’m sure there’s a Jiffy Lube around the corner.  

Another unnamed shop took my 09 C6 which I told them I was getting a brake squeek and did a brake job. It only had about 20k mi. I took my Nissan truck to Joe at CG after the previous owner said it would be needing a brake job. Joe checked them and said they were 80%. Not many shops nowadays would be that honest. I’ll wait a few mins for that kind of service.  

Joe Cordes took care of my “back holes”.  I’ll be back in 25,000.

Eddie, no one does work in half an hour. I waited half an hour past the appointed time for them to tell me they couldn't do it, and I could leave it. I would drive anywhere for good service, but I won't walk 14 miles home in this heat (or any weather). I change fluids when the mood strike me.

My error, you led me to believe you left after half an hr it was obvious they weren’t going to be able to complete the job in a timely manner.  I’d be very surprised if Joe wasn’t very apologetic. This situation is very uncharacteristic for CG. Again, my apologies. Your post came off as a very impatient customer that drove 14 mi and the job wasn’t done in a half hr.  

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, Bromley's Corvettes said:

We service all years of vettes everyday. We stock a lot of filters and oils and lubes. Can get anything in an hour or so if not on the shelf:) All we do is vettes live breath eat sleep vettes:)

Plus one for Bromley's, he took great care of me with my C3. I too hate driving a long distance for service and it seems all the great shops are in the South valley. Joe at CPR did a fantastic bit of work on my buddies C5 so I'd have no qualms suggesting calling him as well.

Re: Classic Gold, perhaps a frank discussion with the owner would sort it? I have not been to CG yet I like to think he was unaware of your situation and would want to make it right. We Corvette owners are a small group and I imagine he would not want negative, though fair, criticism on a Forum. Good luck and best wishes German.

Chris