World Superbike Monterey

scottcolbath

scottcolbath

The bike is packed and ready. Fresh oil/filter. New chain and sprockets. It's ready for a road trip.

IMG_20180620_202151859_HDR-X3.jpg

First stop is Paso Robles. Good wine and food will be had. Then it's on to Monterey, where even better food and wine will be had.

And racing. Laguna motherfuckin' Seca, for chrissakes!

See you wankers in about a week.

S.C.

11 hours ago, scottcolbath said:

The bike is packed and ready. Fresh oil/filter. New chain and sprockets. It's ready for a road trip.

IMG_20180620_202151859_HDR-X3.jpg

First stop is Paso Robles. Good wine and food will be had. Then it's on to Monterey, where even better food and wine will be had.

And racing. Laguna motherfuckin' Seca, for chrissakes!

See you wankers in about a week.

S.C.

PM me if you need Paso recommendations.  I'm pretty dialed in on the good wine stops

94transamgt

Very jealous, I always wanted to do a Cali trip when I had my liter bike. Also some day I will try to get on Laguna Seca. Have fun!

scottcolbath
On 6/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, TheCMSH said:

PM me if you need Paso recommendations.  I'm pretty dialed in on the good wine stops

Didn't see this before leaving. But honestly, after riding 600 miles through the heat, I just stopped at one which was on the way into town (right off 46), Tobin James. It was OK.

But I've convinced the girlfriend to do a PR two day visit, then head down the coast over another day or two, and just take our time, enjoying good food and scenery. So I'll be asking for those recommendations sooner or later.

What was awesome, was The Hatch. I had dinner there. Best burger I've ever had.

i-szTNrp2-XL.jpg

Dinner at the Sardine Factory Friday night was excellent. Races were great. Had nothing but awesome meals from beginning to end, including some shithole taco shops I just tossed the dice on, and walked in.

94trans, pack up that Vette and do a road trip. I hit some excellent roads on this ride. One of the best being highway 154 that you pick up sough of Santa Maria. It takes you up and over some beautiful mountains.

i-ZjJNGWS-XL.jpg

S.C.

scottcolbath
On 6/21/2018 at 6:42 AM, Chameleon said:

:cool  Stake out a spot on the corkscrew and send pics, please!  Major envy here...

Never made it to the corkscrew. The parking wankers forced us to the other side of the track. So, we sat on the hill at turn 1 and just enjoyed what we saw. There is never a bad day watching racing, is there? 😎

Crappy point and shoot pics. Left all the expensive gear at home.

i-CPcHMWp-XL.jpg

i-FZKmbxs-XL.jpg

S.C.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I have a son who loves this, I think he is at two bikes presently, but that changes lol.