It’s finally happening!

aenigma

9 hours ago, GOLDCYLON said:

Must be the project safety inspector with the flip flops and the shorts?

😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Well it looks like you're going "white" and there's only a few hundred shades of "white" to choose from, white is the most frustrating "color"; they all look the same until you put them on the wall and then damn they look different. 

Get a sample of your floor epoxy if you can, trying to select wall color without basing off it that is spinning your wheels.  The light levels in the room are going to drastically change once the floor protection comes off and the epoxy goes down.  This will affect the appearance of the wall color immensely

I know you don't want to final paint over that epoxy, but I'd really put off a repaint of the walls until you can compare it to the epoxy applied to the floor.  You might find once the epoxy goes on that the current color might work

We got lucky. The epoxy guy is doing the exact epoxy on another job on Thursday.  

By the way, the walls were supposed to be light brown!  They turned out light (blech) yellow. It looks like a kitchen in the country. Gross.  

I’ll see if we can paint a few boards with different colors for lonnie to run over to the job the epoxy guy is doing Thursday and check in real time. Color changes when it’s in day light vs in the home. 

I hired the painter through the foreman and he is going to repaint Monday so we need to have it figured out by then. 

This is the second color so far that hasn’t worked out. We are 0 in 2. 😡

Oh jeebus, if you were yellow you’d need to put some sheer curtains and doilies all over. Fortunate you have an option to go look at things in large scale. You’ll get it

That is exactly the look. If you put doilies around and white sheer curtains in the windows.  I actually looked up pictures of country kitchens this morning and they looked just like the garage. 😂

not that there’s anything with this kitchen, it’s just not manly. 😂

8EB238D1-F006-4B4D-B087-19AE3780C862.jpeg

5 hours ago, aenigma said:

This is the second color so far that hasn’t worked out. We are 0 in 2. 😡

Your doing good!   I did 4 color samples in the Kitchen before going with an existing color in another room.  The Kitchen was easy, it's all one color..... the other rooms have two or three colors in each.  My MN garage is three colors.

IMG_1176.JPG

Our whole house is black & white and 50 shades of grey. Then we have accents in bold/bright colors for the furnishings, etc.

Keeping the garage/workshop walls a lighter shade of pale, since you never seem to have enough light to work on cars.

1 hour ago, HOXXOH said:

Our whole house is black & white and 50 shades of grey. Then we have accents in bold/bright colors for the furnishings, etc.

Keeping the garage/workshop walls a lighter shade of pale, since you never seem to have enough light to work on cars.

Tom, Lonnie felt the same about lighting. So the electricians hung 4 4500 humen daylight square flat panel led lights last night. To add to the 5 canned daylight leds already in there. 

Its like daylight even in the dark. The lights all change color in 3 different hues on the flick of the light switch. I like the darker more “romantic” look so we settled on the 3 separate capabilities in one lighting group. 

7 hours ago, aenigma said:

I like the darker more “romantic” look. . .

Date night in the garage?  You know Corvettes don't have a back seat. . .  :bolt:

I'd go with a gloss white. Easy to keep clean and it would show the light more when you're in the garage.  Flat is okay too but is less sexy (no pun intended) !

6 hours ago, aenigma said:

Tom, Lonnie felt the same about lighting. So the electricians hung 4 4500 humen daylight square flat panel led lights last night. To add to the 5 canned daylight leds already in there. 

Its like daylight even in the dark. The lights all change color in 3 different hues on the flick of the light switch. I like the darker more “romantic” look so we settled on the 3 separate capabilities in one lighting group. 

Those sound like really cool lights. Are they something like 1/2" thick? I think I'm going to look into 1' x 4' panels if I can attach them vertically at the bottom of standard garage cabinet doors or on the walls. I never have enough light when I'm working under or on the sides of cars.

this is the lighting. In the original bay, the light is turned to a more muted color temporarily which you can notice by the pink coloring of the wall on that side.  Yes, they’re thin flat panels. They almost look like skylights when they’re on during the day. 

With this lighting, you can see the awful yellow walls lol.  We now have 5 or so different color patches, the painters want to paint tomorrow and we still haven’t figured out a color. Ugh. 

B41D2CD0-0340-4F98-AB00-636B095A39F3.jpeg

Funny thing. We FINALLY chose a color paint yesterday and Lonnie bought paint for the painters to paint today. The paint was so ugly to me but I apparently have zero color skills so I smiled through the paint choosing process. To me, it looked like a vomit color on our test patch. Last night we were at a fast food type Mexican place and ran into an Ace member. We talked for a bit and on my way out I said to the Ace member, we finally picked out paint and it’s so ugly! 

Having heard that, Lonnie said to me WHAT???  I thought you liked it!!  So we debated and may have raised voices, and finally said well, it’ll be ugly but done. 

It was painted today and is the PERFECT color. I am very proud of our choice. Looks different than the swatch. 

I had the painter paint my laundry room at the same time. Finally a non-white laundry room after 15 years. 

FFFCB644-6734-48AE-AFCE-43A454FDBE43.jpeg

F6E0C6EE-96D3-44ED-93D0-FB93F31FE267.jpeg

3159D8C9-2A3F-4121-B694-09013A02128D.jpeg

EC6CBCDD-CFE5-47ED-862B-5C4753591F48.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

Looks great to me!

When's the grand opening party??? 

We’re missing a garage door, 2 entry doors, and the flooring. Should be done in a week and then we have to move in so maybe mid September 😃

4 hours ago, aenigma said:

It was painted today and is the PERFECT color. I am very proud of our choice. Looks different than the swatch.

That's why color choice is a "killer". You need to buy small cans of a color to test. Spread it on different walls and look at it at different times of the day.     I have a 18 ft wall with the same color on two connecting sides..... The sun makes it look like two different shades.   I repainted both sides from the same can to be sure..... yup, still looks different.  It works and looks great but it's a "ball buster" when you're spreading paint and fighting the sun, shadows and interior lighting.

You’re so right. When light vs dark hits a color, swatch vs patch vs an entire wall, type of lighting, matching the floor, it can make one mad trying to figure out what to do. I don’t know how some people have the gift of knowing. 

12 hours ago, aenigma said:

You’re so right. When light vs dark hits a color, swatch vs patch vs an entire wall, type of lighting, matching the floor, it can make one mad trying to figure out what to do. I don’t know how some people have the gift of knowing. 

Most of us don't know. We just live with the result. :lol

I reserve all judgement until viewing the finished product. Joyce did our guest bath in a blue color that looked like crap on the chip, but turned out rather nice when done. Her son's guest bedroom looked OK while the paint was in the can, but awful on the walls. Stevie Wonder doesn't care either way.

Epoxy tomorrow and we’re done. It’s going to be fun to build cars now. Working on a nasty dirty floor cramped in the heat was not my thing.  

Once I started working on my car, oh hell no, things needed to change. 😂

064D184A-94C8-42AE-A9F7-8B2CFDCE3400.jpeg

47289699-3BE1-4A04-A93A-EAB5DBE6FA68.jpeg

BEBC63C2-3CA6-4537-9162-55C5DF621E62.jpeg

So, what I'm hearing you say is that it was perfectly fine for Lonnie to sweat his ass off and roll around on a dirty floor, but you are a delicate flower?  :smilelol :bolt:

51 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

So, what I'm hearing you say is that it was perfectly fine for Lonnie to sweat his ass off and roll around on a dirty floor, but you are a delicate flower?  :smilelol :bolt:

Yep.  It’s all fun and games until I’m sitting on dirt. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Lomnie just had a big chuckle at your comment. 🌷🌺🌸