It’s finally happening!

aenigma

new vette 62

My advice is if you think of anything you want in the walls, do it now. Electric outlets (220) voice, data, tv, even speakers in the ceiling. Black pipe for air. It's cheaper now than waiting until you're done and think I should have installed this. 

35 minutes ago, new vette 62 said:

My advice is if you think of anything you want in the walls, do it now. Electric outlets (220) voice, data, tv, even speakers in the ceiling. Black pipe for air. It's cheaper now than waiting until you're done and think I should have installed this. 

Thats such a great idea. We have surround sound already coming out of there for the house but haven’t even thought of putting speakers in!! 

220 was a requirement of the husband. 

I’m checking on speakers! Thank you! 

16 hours ago, aenigma said:

Cringe. They better not disappear during this mess. 

A73A4DAF-BD3D-4900-BA04-3D7115CAA1B8.jpeg

Oh no.....this is exactly when they disappear!!  :lol

Dont' be surprised if you don't see anyone until Monday, just kind of how things work around holidays in this business anymore: pretty much any holiday = a four day weekend (in this case 5 days).  On the upside, they've boarded and secured you pretty darn good, you'll be alright  :thumbs

Yes. I was surprised last night how much they thought of our safety. That was a concern before this all started. They’ve been so good about it. They installed a safety door inside to the house yesterday for when they open up the wall. 

They were there starting this morning as usual at 6am. They seem to be working 6 days a week and moving quick. 

I’ll be interested to see about the rest of the week. They know we’re on a timeline for drag week car modifications so that seems to be driving them as well. 

I am extremely pleased with the builder.  The gas line incident stressed me out and they handled everything well.  Last night I was thinking wow what if we had hired someone who wasn’t as experienced. This could’ve been a disaster already.  Top notch professionalism. 

scottcolbath

I'm jealous. This is going to be a killer garage.

S.C.

• Thanks 1

They got far today. I forgot today they were removing the garage door. I walked into the garage and got startled lol.  

A0064B5F-8467-4E90-A6E2-3D0E2F3D7E9E.jpeg

3B1E1150-D463-457B-AD2E-75557E400A0C.jpeg

Our daily parking. 😡

The other cars are at friends or storage. 

Seriously this project should only take an hour, I see it all the time on  HGTV so I’m kind of an expert 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

Seriously this project should only take an hour, I see it all the time on  HGTV so I’m kind of an expert 

:smilelol  

2 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

So this morning I wake up waiting to hear the thumping. Nothing. 

Youre right on about them not showing up after the 4th. 😃

Guest badbobs95
8 minutes ago, aenigma said:

So this morning I wake up waiting to hear the thumping. Nothing. 

Youre right on about them not showing up after the 4th. 😃

Me thinks "hangover"

47 minutes ago, badbobs95 said:

Me thinks "hangover"

B0989694-03A0-4372-92B5-D0AB7AC4230F.jpeg

scottcolbath
On 7/5/2018 at 8:30 AM, aenigma said:

B0989694-03A0-4372-92B5-D0AB7AC4230F.jpeg

And they probably pleaded the 5th when they returned on the 6th, after drinking a 5th on the 4th.

S.C.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s coming together in amazing ways. It’s looking magestic. Just standing there makes it look like it’s going to dwarf our house. 

We’re adding a drainage system on the side since the gas line needs to be moved and raising the beams into the ceiling. Our completion date is Sept 20 but they’re pushing for Aug 31.  

B5469BA3-710C-413F-B033-F3132F079FA9.png

Moving right along. It won't be long before you'll forget the way it used to be.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations on the improvements.   A/C in the garage sure does change one's life here in AZ.  Mine has definitely made life much more enjoyable.