It’s finally happening!

aenigma

We are breaking ground on our garage addition tomorrow. Very excited to be able work on cars in a nice big garage with AC soon! 

1017AA81-B62C-4D09-82D2-5FD3F11D4F51.jpeg

2A172F02-F839-4470-8DCC-7A11A84BC690.jpeg

Where's it going.....on the right of the current garage where the Corvettes are parked? 

Yes. It’s going on the right which will join the 1 car with the 2 car, making it 5 total. 

Wow,  how did you talk the zoning committe to okay that much sqft of garage????  That’s great!

7 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Wow,  how did you talk the zoning committe to okay that much sqft of garage????  That’s great!

My house is 4100 sqft so that part was ok. The issue was we had to get an exception for a forward facing garage that’s further to the street than the living quarters. Mesa says a forward garage can’t be closer to the street than livable quarters. 

They were easy to work with once I let them know the plan. Our HOA was really easy to deal with too. The contractor we are using is very detailed and professional so everyone could see the end result will look good. 

Guest badbobs95

All the kids are gone and you have 4,100 sq ft for the two of you? If I need a place to stay, I know where to go!!!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, badbobs95 said:

All the kids are gone and you have 4,100 sq ft for the two of you? If I need a place to stay, I know where to go!!!!!!!!

Well if you ever came over, you’d know! 

Youre welcome to stay if you need a vacation down the street anytime. 😂

Here’s where we’re at already.  A gas line needs to be moved so we’ll be a little delayed. Also there’s the unexpected matter of 3 tons of sand that needs to be removed.   Other than that, all is good. 

This shows a more clear picture of what the big picture is. 

B5A08925-E67D-4357-BB94-6D26B4A19DFD.jpeg

84419E59-A030-426E-AAB2-9F1CE063E645.jpeg

Make sure they termite treat before they pour back

Sucks about the gas line but considering the location of the meter  it shouldn’t have been a total surprise to the contractor. I’m sure they built some contingency into the budget.  

Gonna be a killer garage/sleeping quarters. Every builder should be more considerate of the garage for us that consider it a second home.

15 hours ago, 94transamgt said:

That is awesome, I would love to have a huge garage with a lift.

It’s got AC too 😃

They’re moving pretty quick. They were given permission by the city to keep going before the gas line is moved.  They’ve been working 6 days a week so hopefully we’ll make our target of mid August.  They set up shop in the playroom turned garage.  

9C62081D-2DB2-4149-AA65-F31A438551B5.jpeg

E0768A87-1E79-422D-A0C4-F9E231FDA20B.jpeg

B3F48972-82BC-4C80-8412-6D61F3F30CFD.jpeg

315DD601-E0C5-48EB-8312-2735DF37FB0C.jpeg

On 6/22/2018 at 5:15 PM, TheCMSH said:

Make sure they termite treat before they pour back

Sucks about the gas line but considering the location of the meter  it shouldn’t have been a total surprise to the contractor. I’m sure they built some contingency into the budget.  

They saw that prior and sawed enough concrete to be able to move the line. Meanwhile hey tried to get around the city to no avail lol.  The line will be under a footer which is the problem. 

Theyre going to do the digging instead of the city so it’ll save us $$. The city has to move the gas line though. 

Gonna be so killer when done!

Man I need a real fricken garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, aenigma said:

They saw that prior and sawed enough concrete to be able to move the line. Meanwhile hey tried to get around the city to no avail lol.  The line will be under a footer which is the problem. 

Theyre going to do the digging instead of the city so it’ll save us $$. The city has to move the gas line though. 

Yeah, this is why its always a good thing we get permits and inspections. Some hack decides to ignore that condition, just buries it quick, things shift and settled as they do, and then a line breaks and its bad news. Looks like you're in good hands there.  👍

You’re right. I got frustrated of course right away but I forget that inspections are done to make sure things are done right.