HVAC Codes ERGGG!!

Dave64

Well,  it's gotten to the point where I can't clear the HVAC codes and the driver side vents blow hot.  Does anyone know a shop that can repair/replace the actuator without raping me?  Man, it's hot out there.

Don't know what car or year but I used my Tech2 scanner to diagnose my silverado, bad actuators, one required removing dash and air bag, I wasn't doing that in my 100 degree garage I went to Wilhem Automotive at Cave Creek Rd. And Tatum they were half what the stealership wanted and I got a three year warranty. Just sayin if that helps. 

I've heard good things about Wilhelm. Classic Gold has probably done that repair a few hundred times for folks too 

Are you referring to the location at Indian School and Litchfield Road?  If so, I have had good experiences with them working on my Jeep.  I'll give them a call. 

Thanks.

Just got a quote of over $900 to replace the actuator.  According to the Big Board, this is not a major operation...😰

Bromley's Corvettes

Nice talking with you Dave:) See you next week. 

• 1 month later...
Suzy Cruisy

We are having an AC issue as well, ever since the outing last June to Saguaro Lake with the group.

If its really hot out, the car gets hot all over, and the AC doesn't seem to work.  It doesn't blow cold at all at stops, seems to work a bit better as we're going freeway speeds.   Kind of like, we get fan blowing as we go at speed, and nothing cold slow, even though freon or whatever is full, etc. it doesn't seem like we have AC at all.  And we can drive it a half hour and it won't be good still.

Van says it works fine, and they're worthless.   Its basically undrivable in this heat, as every time we park it in a blazing parking lot, we can't survive in it after.

Do the suggested shops listed have experience with C7s?   We've never taken it to a non-dealer, but the one we had in Cali was the best dealer on the planet and we miss their expertise now.

Thanks !

Suzy